• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain ☔️

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    I have , weld a 1" collar to auger use a garden hose fitting in it . Use your sprayer truck . Get auger running , load a 100 bu . Test it. Use less or more . Cant even tell at truck thats its had water .May need a 1" hose for a 10"auger . Lots of ****ing around tho . Ok if your hauling your own in the summer or in fall when you have time. You get well paid. I always tell the buyer im doing it also
    don't tell they buyer, apparently not an approved practice for farmers to do this. I have heard of foreign buyers/sellers adding water to cargoes.

Comment

Remember the Walkerton water crisis? E. coli in water there. Can anyone imagine the damage to the canola market should E. coli contaminate oil or the meal? Consumer confidence would be gone. It would be like BSE but for canola.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
        I get what your saying....but, maybe if the crooked bastards with the monopoly paid a decent price for canola which is an incredibly risky expensive crop to grow guys wouldn't have to resort to pulling bullshit stunts like this. This goes for all grains really. I have never done this myself but nice to see these grain buying crooked pricks have someone get one over on them, even if it's just a small amount.

I hear myself but never said anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Remember the Walkerton water crisis? E. coli in water there. Can anyone imagine the damage to the canola market should E. coli contaminate oil or the meal? Consumer confidence would be gone. It would be like BSE but for canola.
          Given that E. coli originates in the intestines of animals presumably the threat of E. coli contaminated water contaminating canola by this practice would be less than the risk posed by direct contact with faeces from mice, rats, birds, deer etc either in the field or in storage?

Comment

no rain for us . four days turned into a half a millimeter . combining this afternoon . she's one dry son of a bitch

Comment

we used the same water we drink , was years ago , but always told buyer. the problem is you can haul 10 loads under dry and then one over and they nail you with shrink and drying . it's a joke . why aren't we paid for under dry . they always say , the computer does it automatically (screws you , that is)

Comment

Exactly Case IH , E . Coli , seriously guys come on .

Comment

............still waiting.

Comment

.....as little rain that is likely falling, it is getting real old watching all this rain/drizzle slide past us. All I need is a wee bit to stop fire from creeping in last years stubble when I burn this year's flax straw piles. We are ready to go

Is there a fire ban in the whole southwest and about half of south central and west central Sask?

Comment

Drizzly wet day, perfect to run the fans and pump moisture back in that super dry canola.

Comment

Take a gander at Accuweather American radar and satellite. Rain can't get across the border.

Comment

How did ecoli get into flour mills across Canada this summer? Pretty quit on origin of that.

Comment

It must have been quiet, I didn't hear of it.

But, re water in canola, it's not illegal to do, but beware your water source. There are abandoned farmyards with unsealed wells all over the prairies. Grassfarmer can talk intestines, and I don't care if it's intestines, mouse droppings, or unclean arseholes, E. Coli happens (t shirt idea). Contamination can occur anytime. If you want to moisten canola run your fans in rain or fog. Well water can't be trusted.

Grain cos run their HAACP protocols and food safety (samples) programs. The liability if something goes wrong traces back to the origin. Avoid it being you.

Comment

Meanwhile like Klause said the pigeons can keep shitting in the elevator driveway....

Comment

It must have been quiet, I didn't hear of it.

But, re water in canola, it's not illegal to do, but beware your water source. There are abandoned farmyards with unsealed wells all over the prairies. Grassfarmer can talk intestines, and I don't care if it's intestines, mouse droppings, or unclean arseholes, E. Coli happens (t shirt idea). Contamination can occur anytime. If you want to moisten canola run your fans in rain or fog. Well water can't be trusted.

Grain cos run their HAACP protocols and food safety (samples) programs. The liability if something goes wrong traces back to the origin. Avoid it being you.
                                Agree but there is no way to prove it was your grain. The sampler equipment or container was not disinfected or even cleaned between loads.
                                I've seen thousands of samples and not one could be traced beyond reasonable doubt. Never stand up in court. Elevators don't even keep samples in prescribed manor as required in the act.

But yes don't put anything in your grain that you wouldn't put in your mouth. Grain is food.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...