• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting the Caseih

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting the Caseih

Drives me crazy when Im combining and not sure if the combine is throwing over more than others. What do others set there Case IH 9230 8230 at in Canola. My settings are sieves 10mm and 9mm, pre sieve 1, rotor 850 fan 800. Spreader 550. Seems to have a bit going over the sieves. If you could help me out that would be great.

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
    Drives me crazy when Im combining and not sure if the combine is throwing over more than others. What do others set there Case IH 9230 8230 at in Canola. My settings are sieves 10mm and 9mm, pre sieve 1, rotor 850 fan 800. Spreader 550. Seems to have a bit going over the sieves. If you could help me out that would be gre!``at.
    Very similar we ran chaffer around 14 bottom seive 12. Fan 820 in canola. Preseive 1 or 2. Losses of around .5 bushels an acre. Could also try chaffer 12 bottom seive 3. Fan 710. Tailings stay high only thing thats working for us in
    canary. Get some one to throw a rubber floor mat under your combine. 100 canola seeds on a 3sqft floor mat is approx .25 bushel loss if your spreading 25 ft on a 40ft swath.
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 8, 2017, 11:58.

Comment

At a combine clinic they told us to slow the spinners down in canola. 400 max. They said it can suck canola off the sieves which I thot to b a stretch but ? 400 spreads well enuf. And put that tailboard thing in the middle hole-which you may have to knock the pre-punch metal out that is in from factory. Again not sure how much this helps but what they said.
      I run rotor at 700 when it's dry and the presieve at 3. Plenty of chaff stuff in the tank and still some out back losses of course but not bad.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, ill give them a try. After I try the floormat test.

Comment

There is a punchout for a 3rd hole on the chaff board that dumps chaff from sieve to spinner.
          One down from all the way up. Our tech punched it out and told us to use that hole position for canola to reduce suction.
          Dunno, just following instructions.

Comment

Everyone is struggling a bit with very dry canola
            Yes even the Lexions have had to change their setting a lot the past 4-5 days
            And slow down ...
            be nice to leave it and come back after a rain .
            We were going to do that but everything else is done but some straight cut canola and soybeans
            One thing that is keeping me in canola is a vivid memory from a few years ago of massive wind damage to swaths .
            This canola is dry and with a fairly big temp change coming some high winds could develop

Comment

I usually run the rotor in those combines around 550 rpm to lessen the creation of fine material from the grinding of the stalks so less material on the sieves.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                I usually run the rotor in those combines around 550 rpm to lessen the creation of fine material from the grinding of the stalks so less material on the sieves.
                Yes and 35mm concaves, there is also a plate that blocks off those big ports on the front of the chopper. Only need those open in high yielding corn case too lazy or cheap to have them on for us small grains guys. Best solution get a gleaner.

Comment

Lots of problems harvesting canola here in this area. online loss calculator

http://farmpro.ca/ref/CombineLoss/index.html

Comment

I always thought the canola council was exaggerating by saying some guys throw 5bu/acre out the back, until this year.

We drop screens and weigh throw over every year, and this year it is a struggle to stay under 2 bu. I tried everything, but the only solution is to slow down. We are travelling 1-2mph slower than a normal year, to achieve the same results.

Comment

Drives me crazy when Im combining and not sure if the combine is throwing over more than others. What do others set there Case IH 9230 8230 at in Canola. My settings are sieves 10mm and 9mm, pre sieve 1, rotor 850 fan 800. Spreader 550. Seems to have a bit going over the sieves. If you could help me out that would be great.
                      pre sieve 2-3, sieve 8, Chaffer 12, rotor 500, wind 730, slow feeder house as slow as possible, same with spreader, tailboard middle , narrow concaves, big tube rotor better . front end slowing is real important.
                      are you sure the canola going out isn't dried up shit ?

Comment

The canola council losses were all harvesting losses including shelling from swathing and wind thrashing the swath as it lies as well as the combine losses. All together, there is significant losses with canola. Last year we had canola lay in swath for 2 months here. Some weight reduction occurs from multiple wet dry cycles.

Comment

with the rotor speed at that and if your feeder house isn't slowed down , you are probably overloading sieves with ground up straw .

Comment

I changed the settings on the 9240 3 times yesterday. And adjusted a few times .
                            One note though I went from 2 lb seed rate to 4.5 . There was a big difference there in how it went through the rotor.
                            This canola , like most everyone's I assume, dried fast and has not been rained on ?
                            In general the best I am finding it is
                            Rotor 600 - 630
                            Concave 22-25
                            Wind 630/660
                            Pre sieve 1
                            Top 9
                            Bottom 11
                            Feeder chains 480
                            Spinners 400
                            For the most part during the day I found I had very low loss but had to feed it around 1050 to 1150 bus / hr
                            Any less my sieve losses would go up and any more it got bad quick .
                            I tried several other settings but could not get below 1.25 bus / ac . I could get below 1 bus to .5 with the above settings .
                            The same canola seeded with the planter on the same day was a different animal .
                            I had to have rotor 650 to 660 , concave 18/20 , everything else the same but had to stay below 1000 bph. Usually 950 ish and could rarely get below 1.5 bus loss.
                            This was 45CS40 . I have a feeling from what I've seen that every variety , yield and General growing conditions these combines are going to react quite different.
                            Not sure if that helps , I am a newbie on a Case . These machines seem to react to daily conditions much like the Massey Rotors. They do change quite a lot during the day and especially after sun set .
                            We have been dropping the Scher- Grain drop pans and setting to loss monitor according. It takes out all the guess work.
                            I kinda miss the S78 Gleaner , it stayed the same all day and night . But just could not feed canola very well with that feed house and could rarely get more than 650 bph out of it .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              I changed the settings on the 9240 3 times yesterday. And adjusted a few times .
                              One note though I went from 2 lb seed rate to 4.5 . There was a big difference there in how it went through the rotor.
                              This canola , like most everyone's I assume, dried fast and has not been rained on ?
                              In general the best I am finding it is
                              Rotor 600 - 630
                              Concave 22-25
                              Wind 630/660
                              Pre sieve 1
                              Top 9
                              Bottom 11
                              Feeder chains 480
                              Spinners 400
                              For the most part during the day I found I had very low loss but had to feed it around 1050 to 1150 bus / hr
                              Any less my sieve losses would go up and any more it got bad quick .
                              I tried several other settings but could not get below 1.25 bus / ac . I could get below 1 bus to .5 with the above settings .
                              The same canola seeded with the planter on the same day was a different animal .
                              I had to have rotor 650 to 660 , concave 18/20 , everything else the same but had to stay below 1000 bph. Usually 950 ish and could rarely get below 1.5 bus loss.
                              This was 45CS40 . I have a feeling from what I've seen that every variety , yield and General growing conditions these combines are going to react quite different.
                              Not sure if that helps , I am a newbie on a Case . These machines seem to react to daily conditions much like the Massey Rotors. They do change quite a lot during the day and especially after sun set .
                              We have been dropping the Scher- Grain drop pans and setting to loss monitor according. It takes out all the guess work.
                              I kinda miss the S78 Gleaner , it stayed the same all day and night . But just could not feed canola very well with that feed house and could rarely get more than 650 bph out of it .
                              Its also the small tube rotor doing that Big tube never changes. But takes a lot more fuel and power. We have one of each but not sure which is better .if you have flax you will have more trouble with the small one. Or red clover , alfalfa , etc

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...