• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting the Caseih

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thx , good to know 👍

Comment

got into canola today , the one with the small tube is doing a shitty job . can't get straw out . the one with the large tube rotor is doing an excellent job. rotor-500,Chaffer-15, sieve-9 , pre sieve -1, wind -640, concave 11, spreader and feeder slow as they go . canola testing 5 . need rain

Comment

Brokers selling grain bags will be the guys to ask. I will get a chance to ask one this week. Those of you up north maybe could ask the marketers that you know.

Comment

Anyone with a case IH with the extended auger , this will help in the wind ....

After the first hopper yesterday I thought this is b/s . There was no way I could unload at all into the tandems .
          Canola was to tough yet so back to the yard . Grabbed a swather canvas , a flat iron and my drill .
          1/2 hour later I made the FTWE.
          It worked great all day , could unload on the go any direction into tandems in 60 plus k winds .
          Saved a pile of time and frustration.
          I hate losing time when there is a weather change coming

Comment

Use the same thing here on one machine
            Don't forget to pay yourself

Comment

Unloaded combine at 2/3 full, wind blows seeds right out of full hopper. Then the dust going East, white out.
              After got the cart, never unload into tandems again, no 10' drop to the box.

Comment

Lol I will , it paid for itself on the first hopper .
                Looks goofy but who cares , it worked and we will leave it on .

Comment

Hey furrow did the same thing mine didn't look as nice!!! Hahaha

But you know guys with them caseih as long as you got more comin in the hopper than going out the back your doing a great job of setting. Hahahaha

Canola council reduces the overall canola yield the more cases that are sold. Lol

Comment

Lol, I know of stories of every colour throwing over this fall. From what I hear we are doing very well with the case .
                    A lot of guys think they are doing great until they are checked , weighed and measured .. usually the worst are the yappy ones who are scared to actually have their combines checked properly lol 😂 .
                    Good luck to all the next few days , stay safe .

Comment

Right on furrow,they are all good and all bad if you don't pay attention
                      I m quite sure you are as conscious as I am. I likely over check but it pays to!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

Absolutely, they are all made to work . But conditions can callange any combine .
                        The Scher Grain drop pan and measuring gauge with the chart sure made it nice to check and make sure my monitor was accurate.
                        Ya we overchecked at times but again this Case is all new to us so it's always a leaning curve .
                        Even experienced guys had to change their thinking a bit this year so far.

Comment

Breadwinner on our 9870, we leave chaffer/ sieve at wheat setting, fan at 850, rotor 600, concave on # 28, which is double the clearance for wheat. Tried changing things but for clean and least loss, this is close. 35', in the 40's at 3.5 mph. Loss is more than usual but....dry no green😉👍

Comment

You drop all of your straw into those Pans furrow? I'm fed up doing the old pull the staw away and best guess what your throwing over. I see they are 1800 bucks but it would likely pay for its self pretty quick. We have a blower on our 8080 so guessing would have to unhook it every time you check it.

I think guys kid themselves on how much they are throwing over, i know we have for to many years.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
                              You drop all of your straw into those Pans furrow? I'm fed up doing the old pull the staw away and best guess what your throwing over. I see they are 1800 bucks but it would likely pay for its self pretty quick. We have a blower on our 8080 so guessing would have to unhook it every time you check it.

I think guys kid themselves on how much they are throwing over, i know we have for to many years.
                              1800 bucks is crazy, i bought a couple $2 electromagnets on ebay, and use the wifes cookie sheet. Ran a wire into the cab on 2 dollar 12v lighter plug. Pull the lighter when you want to drop the pan. If i wanted to use a wireless remote add $3.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Sep 19, 2017, 20:38.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...