• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gap up in ZSX17

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap up in ZSX17

A little optimism anyway. Rains light in August perhaps? Could have to do with the USDX being in the dumper since basically April
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ZSX17 Sep 5 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	777710
    Last edited by farming101; Sep 5, 2017, 08:54.

$0.0025 gap. Does it even count?

Comment

A gap is a gap. I will agree it is completely technical and requires some more bars to validate

Comment

Gap filled Tuesday, objective 984

Comment

984 reached
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Beans ZX17 Sep 22 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	766014

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            984 reached
            [ATTACH]2156[/ATTACH]
            I think a lot of grain markets are starting to cook. Grain traders who pre-sold and were short talked up the yields internationally. Foreign buyers have heard about big yields and they are waiting, but the ones who wait will get a big surprise because the market signals are dead wrong. That's the reality of the free market and full access to information. People use signals that reverberate across the world for their own end. Just my thoughts about market manipulation. We've seen it's power, over and over, but the reality eventually sinks in.

Comment

Will probably bounce around the 984 and end a little lower. The big test will be next week. Further increases that hold in the 10+ area will show some real strength. It needs to happen quickly. If 10 fails to hold or doesn't get close it may be new selling will take control

Comment

Great insight, keep it up.

Comment

I use a rule of 3 on gaps getting filled. Just like a sow, 3 days, weeks, months to fill it. Once it passes days it shifts to weeks, then months. It's gonna get filled regardless

Comment

Ok so not sure what the hell your talking about here? Enlighten me please. I gather soybean futures your looking at, what is the gap you mention?

I assume that is $9.84 a bushel at some par region?

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but interesting to learn.

Comment

Watching the November 2017 soybean futures contract. Going up when it usually is going down this time of year.
                      On September 5 the price rose and left a gap on the charts of a mere quarter cent.
                      Price dropped back down and "filled" this gap on September 12.

Chart watchers try to gauge which way the trend will go after a fill. This time it has gone higher reaching the half way point of the price move from July 11 to Aug 16. $9.84 USD per Bu

Comment

Interesting.

Also canola up $5.70 per tonne (13 cents/bu) for week.

Comment

Outside day in canola. Meaning if you look at the candle or bar the range was lower and higher then the previous, also we closed above the previous days close. Bullish. Bearish if we had closed below previous day. Watching daily charts is a great way to lose money and be offside the market imo. Weekly and monthly carry far more importance as this is where true trend is set, Monthly over weekly. You need to see the same behavior imo in a monthly chart as today's daily to have confirmation of trend change.
                          Last edited by macdon02; Sep 23, 2017, 15:42.

Comment

Yes, likely day trader territory. However even on the weekly if I were looking for an entry, going long around the 20th with a stop loss at 961 would have been worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              Interesting.

Also canola up $5.70 per tonne (13 cents/bu) for week.
                              that's huge to be happening during "harvest happy hour"
                              wonder if all the "experts"are talking about what a good week canola had , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...