• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerry Ritz Member of parliament resignation announcement.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not complaining about cwb but he sure screwed us on upov 91 for seed rights.

Comment

Agree sofa king , that is going to haunt us unless your a seed grower like tom4.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Would have to agree Oliver
        Although not a great transition to open market it is far better than under cwb imo
        Canola and pulse crops made most farms wealthy for the most part the past 30 years , certainly not board grains .
        It's a different world now and guys need to open up to it.
        I love the fact to be able to sell wheat at how much and at what price fits us.
        For the first time in 70 years one can use hrsw as a cash crop
        Just delivered and sold 1000 tn basically off combine on foreword contract wheat .
        Got paid 100% for it and it's gone .
        Elevator happy and we happy .
        Imo better than the pulse , pea industry that can be a royal pain in the ass at times .
        Very well-said furrow.

Comment

It would be nice to have a functional system where grain is moving with competition....

There isn't enough railcars for the trend yield this country produces....and there isn't enough commercial storage to support the diversity of crops we grow.....

All part and parcel of the open market....

Those costs have been once again downloaded to farmers. ...

The same guys that elected and supported Ritz that he said he represented.

He actually supported industry better and more than likely there is a board seat for his ass to fill....

My 2 cents.....
          Last edited by bucket; Sep 2, 2017, 12:59.

Comment

is he getting back into Ostrich farming?

Comment

Lol 😂, maybe . Can't hide those eggs in his pockets though .

Comment

Probably selling ostrich eggs to the Chinese in exchange for some irrigation project hahahaha
                He ll pretend he s still the agminister representing Canada. Hahaha.

But no film rolling.

Comment

Furrow mentioned tom4 I haven't heard a word from him in a long time. Guess Notley must be keeping him satisfied in Alberta. Could be he changed his name to tom4ndp hahaha.

Comment

Re Gerry Ritz

He was a fat cat opportunist , that couldn't put the rubber to the road , even when he tried farming. Typical politician! Can't make it in the real world--- become involved in politics! I bet him and Harper have both got great bank accounts in Swiss banks that the multi nationals paid to have them derail the CWB! Yes, I know , the CWB sure as hell wasnt perfect. With all its frailities, it was a much fairer system than what we have now though. And please don't talk about marketing freedom now that the board is gone! Nobody but nobody is " marketing". You can kid yourself that your a master marketer cause you got a computer and an eleven year old that knows how to operate it, but really all that your doing is running between elevators and taking the 1970s price that they jam up your butt!

Comment

Yup.....absolutely zero transparency. ....sales reports.?????

But there is a weekly crop report....absolutely retarded....

Comment

I heard at one time there are health issues that tom4 is dealing with.

As for cwb, lowrider27, the current system isn't perfect but I have received consistently higher $$ for my durum since the shutdown. Don't ever want to go back.

Comment

Interesting....high quality durum isn't worth shit because the end users are conditioned to use 3cwad.....

Had a grain rep tell me to spray to get a 1cwad....I asked what for no one wants it.....he thought I was nuts.....I can easily grow a 3cwad without trying.....except for 2016. ....

As for yerry....he is a complete incompetent....
                          Last edited by bucket; Sep 24, 2017, 17:17.

Comment

Yerry really screwed us no upov 91 but it was a great deal for the seed industry. That in my opinion will the biggest kick in the nuts to the ag industry in the future.

Comment

Was probably a flawed man in an imperfect game.
                              As with extreme constipation. The doctor applying the necessary explosive remedy is not always popular.

I dance a jig on the _ _ _'s grave every day.

Comment

I missed the high by a lot and still got $8.95 for number 1. I know some who priced earlier for over $10. I was worried that the bushel weight wouldn't make a 1. But we were fine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...