• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smaller canola crop....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller canola crop....

I have a feeling that after today Mother Nature will have further reduced the size of my canola crop. My nemisis, the wind, will likely scatter or at the very least flip some light swaths.

What about the guys leaving it stand?

Comment

Next to none canola swathed here yet. Some forecasts are not predicting the 70 kph gusts as is enviro Canada

Comment

If its not mature to the point of it shelling I suppose it will be safe.

I didn't see a single tangled well knit together crop this year in our area.

Most are thin and standing straight up...yikes.

Comment

I just love the Brain dead grain reps that keep telling me that its a average crop and we lucked out. Same song sheet either Chem, Fert, Seed, Equipment or Grain buyer. It should end up being a average. Years ago that was a great crop.

Yea but a Combine was $100,000 not $700,000.

And were still getting paid the same amount of money per bushel as back then.

Dumbest occupation in the world every one else gets ahead we get the scraps.

Comment

SF3

We are getting less if you account for inflation.....a lot less ...a 700k combine is retarded....for new decals.....
            Last edited by bucket; Aug 19, 2017, 07:29.

Comment

Lots of diamond back larvae damage. Will make shelling out worse ,plus what they ate in yield.

Comment

700K. I don't think you are actually supposed to buy them anymore

Comment

Yeah but the ****ing leases are nearly what I paid for a new combine in 1997.

A header is worth almost as a combine 20 years ago....I don't see the value....and the crop to pay for it all isn't worth as much.

Grow more get less....mother nature gives you less and it's still worth less....

Combines headers bins drills all for what....to bust your ass so elevators can give you less..
                  Last edited by bucket; Aug 19, 2017, 07:53.

Comment

New style macdon for next yr.275,000 retail.
                    We paid 128 for our new 2014..35 ft.
                    We are in the wrong business regardless of farm size or great yields.
                    Cut 240 acres of canola..looks like the farms best.ever.but combine will tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      New style macdon for next yr.275,000 retail.
                      We paid 128 for our new 2014..35 ft.
                      We are in the wrong business regardless of farm size or great yields.
                      Cut 240 acres of canola..looks like the farms best.ever.but combine will tell for sure.
                      Anyone that would pay $275k for a header should be beat with a club Friend bought a new fd75 35ft last year for $110 k . We bought a terra flex 35ft case 3020 for $28 k 2 years old. Not perfect but does the job

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Anyone that would pay $275k for a header should be beat with a club Friend bought a new fd75 35ft last year for $110 k . We bought a terra flex 35ft case 3020 for $28 k 2 years old. Not perfect but does the job
                        That is for the new 2018 swather...Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	765954

Comment

A new cowling and decals.....geezus. ...

Comment

In 1973, we grew a 30 bus flax crop and sold for $11.00 a bus, bought brand new Chevie half ton for $4200. Paid off the loan on a section of land near Regina. Now growing 15 Bus flax, will sell for maybe $11.00, new Chevie half ton $45,000.

Comment

The new Testarossa Macdon @ Ferrari pricing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...