• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smaller canola crop....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Rogers was only half right when he said farmers would be driving Ferraris.

Comment

Yes ..either a car or tractor..combine..Air.
      drill ..pick your toy...

Comment

You must be driving a dodge for 45,000 anything else is 60,000 hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          I have a feeling that after today Mother Nature will have further reduced the size of my canola crop. My nemisis, the wind, will likely scatter or at the very least flip some light swaths.
          Glad to report they didn't scatter badly... some movement but we've had a lot worse.

Constantly having to be thankful is wearing/grinding me down, especially when you really don't feel it but continue to tell yourself you need to be. Kinda a form of denial. .....wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter!

Helped a further neighbor with a fire today....good to see people coming from the district to help out. Helped a fire Dept. with a ditch fire about three weeks ago. We have been taking a tillage unit and the sprayer nurse tank out to the fields with us.

Work safe and take care....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Yeah but the ****ing leases are nearly what I paid for a new combine in 1997.

A header is worth almost as a combine 20 years ago....I don't see the value....and the crop to pay for it all isn't worth as much.

Grow more get less....mother nature gives you less and it's still worth less....

Combines headers bins drills all for what....to bust your ass so elevators can give you less..
            You just have to buy/rent more land. It will bring down the costs of the equipment lease by spreading it over more acres. You need more land.
            Efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              If its not mature to the point of it shelling I suppose it will be safe.

I didn't see a single tangled well knit together crop this year in our area.

Most are thin and standing straight up...yikes.

Tangled, yah right! The Canola field next to us had about 5% or less emergence and they are 8-10 inches tall - very green though. Predicted yield = 0

Comment

And they are predicting over 18 mmt of canola this year. I'm calling bullshit on that one

Comment

Some pisscutter stands of canola here and some that got pissed on too much. 10% wasn't seeded here and some seeded needs good weather for a month. An 18mmt crop will really depend on a home run in Matinoba and the North getting good weather.

Comment

Pisscutter! Lol Haven't heard that in a long time. Canola will be average in our area. Some 50's but I would guess lots of 40's

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      Some pisscutter stands of canola here and some that got pissed on too much. 10% wasn't seeded here and some seeded needs good weather for a month. An 18mmt crop will really depend on a home run in Matinoba and the North getting good weather.
                      Manitoba acres are now 1/3 soybeans so they can only have a limited effect on total supply.
                      Northern areas will have unseeded acres, acres seeded into mud and lots of the acres seeded in June will be susceptible to frost, Bertha armyworms, etc.

I think closer to 17 MMT is more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Manitoba acres are now 1/3 soybeans so they can only have a limited effect on total supply.
                        Northern areas will have unseeded acres, acres seeded into mud and lots of the acres seeded in June will be susceptible to frost, Bertha armyworms, etc.

I think closer to 17 MMT is more realistic.
                        Looking at area crops closer I concur. Good level land crops are thin from too much water, sidehills and midslopes fantastic, and knolls thin for various reasons. Last year lots of 50+ canola around here. Lucky some makes 40. More like 30.

Comment

There will be lots of sub 30 canola in this area
                          Some below 15 east of here , some 40 - 50 NW of here .
                          Peas are down 15 bus / ac from the area average, I expect canola the same
                          Flowering crops like peas and canola can not sustain no rain , wind and above 28 deg during the peak growing period ... it's impossible

Comment

In my travels, I've finally found some outstanding canola crops, in the central Peace area, but a fairly small area at that. Everything I've seen south of that ranges from Drowned out, to dried out, often in the same field, bugs, large completely bald patches, lots barely a foot tall. Some still in full flower.

Comment

Now that guys are swathing i think what i said all along is going to come true for Canola. All the technology all the superior science all the shit we throw at this crop that costs the most to grow in insane seed prices for what. A shitty product over and over that can't handle anything but pad the pockets of the seed companies and give farmers enough rope to not hang them selves.

The retarded sister will go down this year as the crop that after you minus all costs comparing all crops a farm grows. Canola will be the only crop that doesn't pay for itself or just cover the costs.

And some of you want Wheat Oats Barley Peas Lentils to join this group.

Wheat will make money this year.
                              Barley will make money this year.
                              Peas will make money this year.
                              Canola will break even.

Most costly crop to grow Canola.

One winner in the Canola game the Seed Companies. AGAIN

We gave this crop away to the parasites and they always will win.

16.8 MT Crop.

Manitoba has less acres than usual as Soy grows better and has better returns than Canola. Rest is decent but probably some same as previous years but some is less yield.

Sask the SW and South and Triangle up to Saskatoon over to Raymore and down way way way less than the last few years. Way less.

Other areas same to area by PA over to Alberta good but late. Similar to normal for that area.

Alberta has some shit some not bad and some excellent up north.

ACRES DIDNT GET SEEDED LIKE STATS CANADA WAS SAYING.

SO YES this could go lower if a frost hits.

Swath fields around regina that now have dried down aren't as good as when they were just swath.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Alberta has some shit some not bad and some excellent up north.

ACRES DIDNT GET SEEDED LIKE STATS CANADA WAS SAYING.
                                The unseeded acres are not insignificant. A huge area south of me looks like the good old days of half and half, every second field is summerfallow. Except this area never did summerfallow and it is some of the best soil anywhere. Much of it has now not produced for two years in a row.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...