• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good lord gave us a beautiful healthy grandson August 16 just after midnight. Gotta take him out in the combine today. 😀

Comment

I'm road tripping heading nearby.
      Sure there will be a little left if I swing your way.
      Yeah gotta keep the good looking one happy and stuff she wants as well.

Wow seen some impressive on farm storage set ups.

Cowboyin last day and a half.

Comment

Started swathing later seeded Barley today the rain over two weeks ago did help out. Harvest in 5 days
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	765953

Comment

Crop looks good..to many greens for straight cutting? Niebor tried some ..to many greens.swathing too.

Comment

15 % straight, 13.5% swathed a few days...."don't sell the swather". Another says straw so green breaking knives.

Comment

I thought you crop was done S/f , the grim reaper was out lol. There is 80% of the province will not come close to those crops and you pissed and moaned all summer lol.

Comment

Some awesome peas around 90bus/ac around blainelake. Most around 50 to 60bus/ac.

Comment

Where did your post about blue skies go wiseguy?

Comment

Early yields of HRS 75 to 80. Oats up to 200. Protein under12 for wheat.

Comment

Furrow I was pissing and moaning about not getting any rain for 45 plus days it was getting real scary. Every shower started after our farm once it hit melville. Hell one weekend in July it rained four nights in a row and each time i drove from Csnora home to the farm and it got right up to our north road then ended. Finally we got the 8/10 and that was enough to finish. It also was the year constant no rain made all crops suck up every excess drop that the ground held. Roots went down. So yea I'm thankful for all the flood years it actually helped get us through this year. Even 1961 we didn't get skunked for rain in July.

But the best is swatting end to end and spraying every acre on most fields.

Next year looks promising after all the flood years I think I can say we're finally back.

I'm happy for once.

Now one July rain that was missed and these crops would of been insane.

Comment

So now SF3 you are saying the drought was never really that bad..
                        Sounds like the USDA report.

Comment

That's a good thing for you guys 👍👍
                          But don't piss and moan next time and squawk about drought cause you have no idea there guy what real drought is .
                          Have a good harvest 👍

Comment

We know how about half of our crops did. The last two the jury is still out...time will tell and time never lies.

Desiccated some Jatharia wheat on a pretty good quarter today with the swather....boy I'd hate to see how much straw that variety could produce on a good year. Seems excessive. Clay based dirt and a real good rain mid June...very little before that and basically nothing after. No lodging though... farmaholic wheat...decent stature but little in the head?

Comment

HRS straight cut here. Combine yield meter varies from 18 bushel on higher spots to 88 bushel in lower areas. What a difference one July rain would have made! It is so dry that ten year old trees are dying. Drought really sucks.

Comment

Agstar , where is that ??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...