• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes 2017 Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braveheart....any test result above zero is questionable...lol. of course that isn't completely true because any test result of zero is also suspect. ....because ANY vom test result is open for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      Peas and lentils done. 21-22bu/a.c on both. Started into mustard tonight. Going a monstrous 7 and change. Half my wheat has me a little worried. Other half is gonna have to pay a lot of bills...
      Gee I hope my mustard does better than that. My pods are short and stumpy compared to what I remember in the past. Like 6 seeds a pod. Does not bode well for canola yields either.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Gee I hope my mustard does better than that. My pods are short and stumpy compared to what I remember in the past. Like 6 seeds a pod. Does not bode well for canola yields either.
        Park a super in a 1/2 section field... combine till you're done... it flowered for 4-4.5 weeks. Thought it would do a lot better. Bottom pods had 7 and 8 seeds. Top ones aborted or hardly filled. The merciless July wind and heat fubarred a lot of things around here.

Early pulses are just into the twenties, lots of lentils running mid to lower teens. Later seeded pulses are 10 days away and look rough.

Early cereals are a week away or so. Barley is fairly thick, but seeds are VERY thin. Heard through the grain elevator that early durum in bow island area is coming in quite light. One sample was 58lb and 21%Px. Some of my wheat heads didn't even make it out of the sheath. If there's kernels in them they'll be hard to keep in the combine I can imagine.

Amazing to see the difference between chemfallow and stubble on cereals this year. Even with full subsoil moisture in both at seeding, chemfallow looks to seriously outperform this year. Only guys with significant established and paid for landbases have the luxury of chemfallow around here though. Pretty hard to justify it on rented land which demands payment on a "per seedable" basis or even worse on a 160ac/quarter regardless of whether it's all broken or seadable or not basis.

It was next year country here by the 10th of July already. Next year will be a challenge if conditions do not turn around. Grasshoppers moved in late and are busy laying eggs, stubble subsoil moisture is non existent... running out of notches to cinch up my belt with!

Comment

Whats my Glenn wheat going to run kernels are small with a deep V shape? Thats a 12 inch row spacing seeded May 6th.
          Last edited by biglentil; Aug 8, 2017, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Desiccating wheat with the swather today (yeah yeah yeah.....I know, we'll leave the swathing versus straight cutting debate for another day). What a pile of fluff! Pretty ripe and the heads pointing straight up.....not a single sign of a fusarium infected head, even in the few "good" low spots with decent moisture. A report of some winter wheat in the area running 20! I find that hard to beleive, I'm hoping our HRS does about one and a half times that! HOPING!

Looking for a job this winter...SF3's golf caddy, baggage handler and condo(house) keeper, cocktail mixer....
            Well, farma, raining today, watches all over, hope the swaths hold up...weather weather...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Well, farma, raining today, watches all over, hope the swaths hold up...weather weather...
              It's petering out wont make it to farma.

Comment

Shes a ways off here , 4 1/2 ft high and still blooming . Think we'll make it ?

Comment

We got 6/10ths of rain..Wheat and bly lodging. Mess..

Country guide calls for frost Sept 3rd...

Comment

From the air from Regina to Calgary can see the canola rows through to ground. BL, you could lose those rows into the ground cracks!

Warning out that durum at 4% thins is not a #1 CWAD. Elevator staff has been advised by management.

Happy harvest, everyone.

Comment

Warning out that durum at 4% thins is not a #1 CWAD. Elevator staff has been advised by management.

well ,something has to take up the missing fuz slack ...... they're probably toxic. those thins, like ergot was ?? , maybe they won't clean out when processed ???, lol.
                      Last edited by caseih; Aug 8, 2017, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        We got 6/10ths of rain..Wheat and bly lodging. Mess..

Country guide calls for frost Sept 3rd...
                        we'll be ok if it waits that long

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                          From the air from Regina to Calgary can see the canola rows through to ground. BL, you could lose those rows into the ground cracks!

Happy harvest, everyone.
                          Guide says anything that goes through 4.5 slotted is classed as shrunken anything over 3% shrunken goes all the way down to a #5

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post

well ,something has to take up the missing fuz slack ...... they're probably toxic. those thins, like ergot was ?? , maybe they won't clean out when processed ???, lol.
                            How are they assessing thins?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                              How are they assessing thins?
                              ........"visually"!

Biglentil and fj. We got a wee bit of rain. Watched it coming all day...uneventful, and that's ok now. Don't need any wstrong winds either until those "fluffy" wheat swaths settle!

Harvest safe folks.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                ........"visually"!

Biglentil and fj. We got a wee bit of rain. Watched it coming all day...uneventful, and that's ok now. Don't need any wstrong winds either until those "fluffy" wheat swaths settle!

Harvest safe folks.
                                You telling me they can visually assess 4% +/- thins. Lol boy they must be good. Shrunken is the factor and is assessed objectively by what passess through a 4.5 slotted hand sieve.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.