Here comes 2017 Harvest

Crop Production & Forage

Tools

Here comes 2017 Harvest

farmaholic's Avatar Aug 8, 2017 | 17:41 31 Joking, my friend. You know me, sarcastic jack ass. With little value to add.

I hear of grade bending on 2016 durum already. My half decent quality 65 lb stuff might be worth something now.

Some marketing scam gigs might be over. Reply With Quote
Aug 9, 2017 | 07:14 32 It looks like the forecast has changed quite a bit for this week. It doesn't look all that hot and dry anymore as there are a lot of 60% probability for rain now. Reply With Quote
Aug 9, 2017 | 08:00 33 No visual test, but there is an old time other sense test. Plunge your bare arm into a pail of durum. If it feels like you have been hit by pins and needles, then your durum is thin.

$11.00 durum recently. Had to have 90% HVK. Protein not a concern at least down to 12.6%. May have been a lot lower. Reply With Quote
Aug 9, 2017 | 08:49 34 Two or three weeks ago, we were preparing for prospect of canola drying up and burning in.
Since then, cooler weather, reserve moisture and a few showers have allowed it to stay green.
Increasing my yield forecast. At least on this farm. Reply With Quote
Aug 17, 2017 | 06:07 35 Hopefully get going on peas today
Patiently been waiting for a header to get ready . But my patience has run out now , I will be going to town this morning to grab a Gleaner again . Still have headers here from before. Peas have been ready for a bit . Never ever not been ready before the crop has , its driving me nuts 🥜 Reply With Quote