• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	777664

Well happy happy happy to finally see rain. Sunday almost killed everything as temps in regina soared to 39 on the truck temp guage. Lake was 29. Kind of sums up why canola does better further north you go.

Did a trip north this week up Wadena to nipiwan over to Hudson Bay and back to Canora. Wow you feel sick and very sorry for all the guys who were flooded out last fall and witness the shit show aftermath. Tillage going on all over the place trying to dry out and get it back for 2018. We escaped because we didn't get the snow that had to melt first to complete harvest. Then you have canola that's this thin sick looking plants flooded ground doesn't grow grain. Yet this isn't published in any crop report just everything is happy nothing to see bull shit that goes on in Grain marketing in canada and the USA. The USA was called out finally on the bullshit northern spring wheat tour this week. Finally the beer drinking barbecue billshit by Grain buyers and bakers etc that showed ND with just about same crop as other years. Oh they didn't count poor counties or fields and Montana. Really market manipulation at its finest. But maybe more farmers should fight back with this bullshit instead of fighting between us over a f$&king tenth of rain. Crop conditions in Saskatchewan for the most part are not great. If their is a oasis some where it sure isn't in my travels. So yes we will harvest something but Western canada wide it will not be bumper, or average it's just a poor crop.

Name:	IMG_0663.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	777665

Ok here we go rain now just brings in what's their doesn't increase the crop it just stabilized what could of been way worse.

Hrs is turning very quick and heads are filling one row has disappeared and tops blank or starting to not fill. Sign of drought stress. With rain that fell will stabilize and actually make the fall roundup actually work better. It's the Regina Ex rain and that's the last one you want till late in October. Still I predict this crop will be over half of last years but no greater than 70% because of plumper kernel.
    Fall desiccation will start in 14 days.

Oats this will help on fields that didn't turn white colour those patches are done but will make plumper seed on rest with light shit oh you might have to auger the semi full in a strong wind so elevators don't scream at you it's to light. Did notice in my drives lots of wild oats in oats some fields extreme.

Peas are done and starting to desiccate today. Seed variety for 2018 is still hanging on. Yellow peas most grow and yield I believe will look good from road but once you start the effects will be lower than you thought.

Barley the one crop that I think the experts are way out on acreage. Oats is other one that's out. How you ask oats acreage is way higher than said in stats can way higher and barley is way way way lower. The malt barley dream may be just that as early fields will be swath by Sunday or Monday and lighter higher protein. Late night do better time will tell it's a game.

Name:	IMG_0690.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	777666

Soy is in trouble I think with no rain for most yields will be the shits and one cool night at plus 1 or two for hours you might witness empty big pods in harvest that aborted and it didn't even feeeze. They should be tall dark green colour and flowering like crazy. Not happening on most.

Lentils to those who have might be the cash saver this year. Even with piss poor yield it will bring in money.

Corn if you grew and have rain it's looks good if not or flooded ugly.

Canola all I have to say is you experts and Grain companies will have to create new bullshit to try to talk the yield up as where is the awsome canola crops. Either two wet from floods to to dry to wtf is that to sick curled pods to you can see two gophers screwing in the middle of a section. Yes their is some not bad crops but reality is when you look at the. If picture comparing the last ten years to this it's not a canola year. Half or less last year as Late seeded will benefit some but frost could wipe that out in a night.
    Some very early is within a week of getting swath.

Name:	IMG_0693.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	777667

Pastures are going backwards after Sunday heat haying and cutting outside rounds on barley and wheat and oats for feed is happening.

So the rain finally came and proves it can rain. If any thing it just stabilized a poor crop. It will speed the crop up that's their. Harvest is 10 days away on peas then barley and wheat. Drew says he wouldn't be surprised by a frost because no humidity and temps drop like last nights 6 in Regina.

On politics JT gives what 60 million to a park yet the railway to Hudson Bay needs help and like every thing he drops the ball on improving Canada's infrastructure but you can go to a city park and meditate as he destroys canada. Oh donate to the BC wildfires he will match but gave the Clinton foundation cash. When will the insanity stop.

So be safe enjoy Saskatchewan day and have a safe harvest if it's started because The ones at home are way more important than this crop.

Name:	IMG_0673.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	777668

Oh one last thing how can all the green climate guys promoting solar and wind with their ugly windmills killing birds and solar panels that look like blank shears of black plywood and not see the beauty of the man made Tobin lake the dam and all its glory. Again a real special mind of person. Great fishing love this place.

Tobin lake ? , shit , you should of stopped for a beer ? do you think these flowering canola crops will make it ?

Comment

Good question will the yellow fields of canola make it. I went out early this morning and it was only 6 degrees! It sure felt like fall.

Comment

Next time for sure. Quick trip but fun day with my boys. Stop for quick visit with relative and then looked at some old JD D R and 820. Its late compared to last year. Surprised at how much wasn't seeded no one is talking about that provincially or canada wide. Tough to spin unseeded to work for them. Just flowering on some fields even with the longer days is going to need a long fall. It's like the rain I was hoping for it might come but will it be to late.

Good luck.

Comment

No provincial crop report? Ha wonder why.

Up to kamsack today sure not last years crop! Good but not outstanding.

Comment

Then you went past our farm to.
            2.5 miles north of Fosston.west side of highway..yellow sign at the driveway.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	765921

Yes I did travel that road. Stopped in wadena at prairie west before heading to tisdale. Small world

Comment

If the soybeans dont get rain in August yields will be brutal.

Comment

I agree. How can soy that's less than a foot tall and no rain make any thing and then the fall frosts. One year it heard on radio it was getting cold and plus two t aborted seed. Big experiment for lots this year and sadly like my chick pea run it could be very sad. We quit after quite a few years this year. Will go back as varieties improve . I liked them but just not their yet.

Comment

Beans holding on nicely here on minimum rain. They are waist high and full of pods and still blooming on top. Corn is surprisingly tall too this year, and looking good. A good 1 to 2" rain in the next week would help a lot, rain not likely though. Hope the soil moisture holds out and early frost stays away.

Comment

MB most sask beans are up to my knee or lower. None like we had past years at waist and podding all way up. How much rain so far have yours had.

Comment

Soybeans west of here are very good , they had over double the May / June rains . They are getting close to waist high and full of pods
                        Here they are knee height but growing up fast after our first good rain 2 weeks ago.
                        East of here they are short but also starved for rain.
                        Every other crop looks the same, wether you go from west to east or north to south. Cutknife to Paynton to Turtleford over to Mayfair line has great crops . Go 10-15 miles on either side of that line and the crops diminish from dry conditions to way to wet .
                        Anyway , soybeans are showing great potential, especially any 000 beans .

Comment

Sask3, you quit beans? That's saying something.
                          Some tryed around here as a first ever.
                          If they dont pay for you then up here.....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            MB most sask beans are up to my knee or lower. None like we had past years at waist and podding all way up. How much rain so far have yours had.
                            Had them all seeded by may 12th into good moisture. Since then I've only had 3.75 to 4.5". only one rain event back in mid July of more than one inch, most 1/4" to 1/2"at a time.

I think the cool cloudy June helped preserve moisture, although the beans were suffering from ICD because of this. Since July they greened up and took off. I'm on black clays, and we had lots of soil moisture from last fall and early rains in April. The plants rooted extremely deep this year, seemed to be drought proofed. Don't get me wrong though, I will need at least one inch in the next week to get those pods to fill to potential.

Comment

Yea we dropped them. Basically last two years were the highest we ever got but a 55 pea cost less to grow and well you can lose a crop of soy if it gets to cold to hot to dry to wet frost seed to early to late . But if they keep improving eventually we will be back

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.