• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond backs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond backs

Numbers are very high in this area . A new batch just hatched a few days ago.
    Wilkie area as well
    We are out cutting plots today and the numbers are way over threshold. 20-50 m2.
    Most are just 1/4 in long but there are some bigger ones . A few in cucoon already from a few weeks ago .
    I counted 10 little ones less than a 1/4 in in this picture alone ... hard to see in picture . All hanging from branches and pods .
    We still have good green leaf material but the moved up yesterday

OGN (Oh God no...)

Comment

Comment

Ya , it is bad south of here to your area Jag .
        I had three planes going here this morning . I hate insecticide but the numbers were too high .

Comment

Had a quick look here. Nothing to be alarmed about.....other than how shitty that canola crop looks at closer inspection!

Comment

Jag, Looks like your getting your moneys worth out of the chem anyway.
            Odd one here, most I'm finding are in cocoon. Anyone know off hand how long there in the cocoon stage?
            farma your right, a lot scarier looking at all the heat blast damage vs. D-backs.

Comment

Some spraying here. Plane and a few ground rigs going. Our numbers are way way below threshold in our canola. However our canola is all Nexera and Nexera has a higher sugar content which is less attractive to most pests. We also use some Alpine and humate which tends to raise sugar even more.

Comment

Some guys in the Wilkie area have sprayed 3 times already , they are that bad in areas

Comment

Canola Council scouting guide says economic threshold to spray is 20 to 30 larvae per tenth of a square metre at the pod stage.

Comment

The numbers are 2-3 x that in areas around here . Mostly west of Paynton , and from the white wood hills south .
                    Basically the dry area from end of May till late July .

Comment

Anyone have experience with coragen? Did some fields couple days ago and seems to be working.

Fields sprayed with decis/matador had to be resprayed few days later when the other flush moved up. Anywhere from 150-800 worms per square meter when checking, pretty bad infestation. Some guys not even spraying. In for a big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                        Anyone have experience with coragen? Did some fields couple days ago and seems to be working.

Fields sprayed with decis/matador had to be resprayed few days later when the other flush moved up. Anywhere from 150-800 worms per square meter when checking, pretty bad infestation. Some guys not even spraying. In for a big surprise.
                        used it a couple years ago for berthas. really worked good and safe for pollinators. and good residual

Comment

Knock on wood I haven't found one in the canola. Aphids in lentils and canary thats a whole nother story.

Comment

out counting tonite, lots of spraying going on for a week now , 2 helicopters and planes,
                            i still have leaf ,, so very little pod damage yet . hearing too of those spraying twice.
                            just east of here

i have been pulling a sq ft. of plants , beating them out ,
                            counts of 2 , 5,5,15,28,8,10,15, 18, 18,15, 12, a lot of 8 s and 15 counts .
                            pick up chem tommorow , some getting planes tomorrow, myself , like a few other neighbours, we plan to do our own.
                            unless i read it wrong , i thought the threshold was 15-20 sq. ft.
                            i better check again .

a lot of cocoons, mostlly , med. large size worms , and a few small ones

what would you guys use as a trample %. 120 ft. booms , i was thinking about 1 1/2 %

even if you said 40 bushell should equal . 6 bushell / acre x 10$ equals 6 $ acre
                            does it sound about right. esp with no fungicide tracks to follow
                            Last edited by sawfly1; Aug 3, 2017, 05:18.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                              out counting tonite, lots of spraying going on for a week now , 2 helicopters and planes,
                              i still have leaf ,, so very little pod damage yet . hearing too of those spraying twice.
                              just east of here

i have been pulling a sq ft. of plants , beating them out ,
                              counts of 2 , 5,5,15,28,8,10,15, 18, 18,15, 12, a lot of 8 s and 15 counts .
                              pick up chem tommorow , some getting planes tomorrow, myself , like a few other neighbours, we plan to do our own.
                              unless i read it wrong , i thought the threshold was 15-20 sq. ft.
                              i better check again .

a lot of cocoons, mostlly , med. large size worms , and a few small ones

what would you guys use as a trample %. 120 ft. booms , i was thinking about 1 1/2 %

even if you said 40 bushell should equal . 6 bushell / acre x 10$ equals 6 $ acre
                              does it sound about right. esp with no fungicide tracks to follow
                              What size are your tires? The first number is the width of tread in millimetres.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Aug 3, 2017, 05:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.