• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little rain

How much rain did everyone get last night?

SE air regina we got shut out agian, but it looks like Assiniboia area maybe finally got a drink...too late I suspect for the crops but it will make for less dust at harvest

I guess we will hope again for tomorrow

SFA is the total for last night.

The fat lady is climbing the stairs.

Concert starts next friday.

Comment

The rain is done until fall. Blocking pattern.

Comment

I agree its in full force above us and it isn't moving hasn't allowed any thing to enter the area. except odd piss shower or hard rain for a small strip.

If it stays in August as soon as it breaks down or moves Frost will be next.

Comment

With your crops S/F I would stop pissing and moaning .
          80% of western Canada is in far worse shape than you .
          You begged for drought for those of us out west , you got your wish and you have a decent crop . Stop whining about missing a few rains . At least you will have a crop .
          There are huge areas that will have near zero

Comment

Yea i agree with you Furrow I wished, prayed, hoped the weather would finally go back to normal. It took 15 years but it finally did.

We are living on subsoil and it is drying things up big time. All fields except 8 were sprayed almost end to end as flats were dry. These areas will be seeded hopefully in 2018.

The only thing i can't believe is the blocking pattern is locked in full force and not letting any thing enter except piss fart rains or the odd down pour on certain fields or strips in the province.

Cant have our cake and eat it to.

But yes so far were surviving.

The trip north did prove that to me, Thanks for bringing me back to reality. Their is far worse out their.

Gone fishing.

Comment

At a certain point in the next week all a rain will do is bring harvest on faster when it starts to work as a desiccant instead of moisture for the crop.

Comment

Yesterdays drive showed colour change happening in fields south of city and on way to the Moose. A rain will bring in whats their and fall desiccation will not be needed for lots. Stick a fork in it its almost done.

Comment

Moisture history in the Slum of the Ghetto:
                  Late April snow....
                  Then nothing but hot dry winds all spring until
                  June 9 when we got .54 inches.
                  June 14 when we got 1.94 inches over 2-3 days.
                  And only 0.01 over the last month!!!!!!
                  A supposed total of 3.84 for the season. I don't know how much of that total our weather station considers coming from the snow in April.
                  But I can tell you there were "measurable but meaningless" amounts along the way that only added to the total but wouldn't have made a difference other than a reprieve from hot and dry.

Comment

5:42 a.m. April 24, 2017.

Comment

As a general rule you guys get way too emotional on here. Sask wears heart on sleeve and you know what he feels every single day. Do you really think he wishes anyone harm? Farming is farming, we are all in different districts and what is good for one isn't what the other needs. My best friend is in 10th year of farming since his dad died and he hasnt experienced one bad year. Even This year he will make out just fine. Why is that cause he has had above average rain for an area that is historically dry. When is has above average rain lets just say that my area is f ucked cause that means we at 30 to 40 inches.
                      So this year my area is back to normal summer. Things will probably break records on my farm.
                      Sad reality is not everyone is gonna do well every year. In the boom years areas made out so well cause they had that moisture when usually their historics weren't even close to those levels.
                      The big quill lake has royally bent me over in wet years but in normal years its guaranteed to give area rains. We all take our turns. Take the emotion out and we all be better off cause nothing u can do anyway

Comment

Yup dyker, We did well when other's were too wet. You can't hit a home run every time you step up to the plate. Just be happy if you get a base hit and don't strike out. Base hits keep you in the "game".

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                          The rain is done until fall. Blocking pattern.
                          Did you not get rain on wednesday MB ? Got one and a half in. here wed. morn.

Comment

Severe storm watch issued, probably north and south of Regina. We don't want the storms that they got around Saskatoon last night. Maybe we'll pass on the rain this time.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                              Did you not get rain on wednesday MB ? Got one and a half in. here wed. morn.
                              Only got 2/10ths here on Wednesday am. Looks to be a better chance today but accompanied by severe thunderstorm/hail risk.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...