• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum export prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum export prices

Any guesses where Canadian port asking prices went last week?
    This is US prices basis Gulf ports
    700,000 tonnes of durum in primary elevators and export position just became a lot more valuable.
    Farm gate not so much. Average SK price last week for 1AD 7.50 CAD
    Click image for larger version

Name:	US HAD Gulf July 17 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	777648
    Last edited by farming101; Jul 17, 2017, 07:45.

Guess. .....is the key word.

Comment

Price should be down on the prairies prior to harvest....and who cares about export prices.....it's none of our business...

That chart has durum just shy of 15 bucks cdn. ...basis is what now...

It might be fair to say ....royal ****ing.....
      Last edited by bucket; Jul 17, 2017, 08:12.

Comment

I guess no one grows durum? The same drought(-like) area on both sides of the border that grows hard red spring also grows durum. MGEX spring wheat had a nice rally....why wouldn't durum? No futures market for manipulated price disovery(sorry for the sarcasm).

What about other durum growing areas of the world?

At least there is a better chance at a fusarium free quality crop in the traditional area. But they always dream up some excuse to downgrade quality grain....stay tuned.

I'm so sick of the grading and marketing scams that I chose not to plant any this year.....as usual I zigged when I should have zagged. I missed a good durum growing year in 2015 and now 2017(not over yet---could go sideways yet).

The prices will rise yet...they'll have to.

Comment

But , but , there is two year burdensome supply ????........

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            But , but , there is two year burdensome supply ????........
            Most of the durum still on farm is poor quality not much good quality Durum around

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post
              Most of the durum still on farm is poor quality not much good quality Durum around
              YAWN.... that's what they say. But you will be surprised how things change when supplies tighten and what was deemed poor magically becomes useful.

Or even better is when it can change from the time it takes to drop from your trailer shoots through those magic grates into the pit! I gotta get me one of those for my swing auger!!

Wanted: sample durum with minimum 60% HVK. Read and re-read that.....anything wrong?
              Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 17, 2017, 16:53.

Comment

Sorry farma. I happy, satisfied and glad 101 posted the pricing. This is valuable info. I treat this type of info as a opportunity to hold, speculate, plan, buy sell for farm needs etc. If I could predict the future things would be different, a lot different.

Also Mallee thanks for your posts as well, markets etc

We have all the same info, market pricing etc as the big guys. Many on here suggest we know more on production prospects than the big guys. Why then can't we leverage, speculate better as for own advantage ?

Comment

Rareearth, my yawn was towards the poor quality comment(no offense Jagger).

I'm with you 100%. Interesting chart.

By the way...our 2016 durum is still on the farm!

There's alot of truth and sarcasm to my previous posts.

So yes, thanks 101, for the chart.

I'm sure you might have even more value to add?!?!?!?!?!¿ ;-)
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 17, 2017, 19:37.

Comment

Wait patiently. Durums gonna make a big move up. I know this for sure because I just signed a contract today on half my old crop,lol. Your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
                      Wait patiently. Durums gonna make a big move up. I know this for sure because I just signed a contract today on half my old crop,lol. Your welcome
                      Did you have decent quality (tongue in cheek) to start with? Or are you beginning to see "grade bending" already!

Edit:
                      Forgot to say thank you.

Comment

Definetly "grade bending" HVK is good but is 4.3ppm vomi. Couldn't get $5.00 out of it all winter. If I can stay at that level, it will work out to a little over $8 at our yard. So hopefully all goes well. Looking back it looks good. But looking forward, I might be losing some potential not holding it another couple months.
                        We've got a slow motion train wreck happening around here right now. Sickening to watch the crops drying up like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
                          Definetly "grade bending" HVK is good but is 4.3ppm vomi. Couldn't get $5.00 out of it all winter. If I can stay at that level, it will work out to a little over $8 at our yard. So hopefully all goes well. Looking back it looks good. But looking forward, I might be losing some potential not holding it another couple months.
                          We've got a slow motion train wreck happening around here right now. Sickening to watch the crops drying up like this.
                          Yup, we are on that same train. Every day that goes by without a meaningful rain, this crop gets smaller! There's going to be some long faces and tough times ahead for some guys, feel sorry for the young aggressive hard working guys. There is a reality check/cheque about to be delivered in parts of Western Canada.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daylate;350577]f I can stay at that level, it will work out to a little over $8 at our yard./QUOTE]

What the hell you mean by that....load by load under the electron microscope analysis? You mean a very very representative bin sample isn't good enough!? Have to pick the shit out of every load in hopes of finding something worse than the overall bin sample average? And either discount it or make you feel guilty that they are extending you a gracious break? God have mercy on their cold soul!
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 18, 2017, 07:14.

Comment

My durum screenings came back at 6%fus 6ppm vomi. Might need the bin space for harvest where can a guy get top dollar? Getting $3.75 offers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.