• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum export prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds "blendable" to me! LOL, what's the HVK. OMG...I need to stop now!

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;350591]
      Originally posted by Daylate View Post
      f I can stay at that level, it will work out to a little over $8 at our yard./QUOTE]

What the hell you mean by that....load by load under the electron microscope analysis? You mean a very very representative bin sample isn't good enough!? Have to pick the shit out of every load in hopes of finding something worse than the overall bin sample average? And either discount it or make you feel guilty that they are extending you a gracious break? God have mercy on their cold soul!

Not sure how much you have seen it this year but bin samples have been pretty variable this year. Doing bin samples is still important as it gives you a general idea for selling. End of the day your sample is one thing and what the grain in the bin actually looks like is another. They can be the same, close, or opposite.

Don't think the grainco or whoever bought your grain is out to get you. They bought it off the sample and they want it to come in as that. If it's better or worse is a conversation after it's in. Discounts don't just appear for nothing. Set them if you can before delivery and make sure your aware what happens if it doesn't come in at the same spec as the sample.

Just my opinion but the "sarcasm" your trying to show off in this thread makes you sound obnoxious and kinda arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Sounds "blendable" to me! LOL, what's the HVK. OMG...I need to stop now!
        Hvk came in at 15. If it makes most sense to blend it omg thats a waste of last winter.

Comment

Kinger

My neighbor had the company that bought his grain come out and sample the bins themselves.....they still tried to **** him over....asking if it's the bins they sampled.....

Yes the grain cos will try to **** you every which way to Sunday. ...it's a fact.

Comment

When we had our durum polished up and brought it home to bin, I sat under the trailer and scooped constantly as it was unloaded..... probably more accurate than any "probed" sample in the driveway..... but somehow that isn't good enough?

Seems to have hit a nerve.

Wanted.... sample durum minimum 60% HVK....... Ok then!

Nothing to take note of here folks.... move along!

Comment

Wow, now i remember why i stopped posting on here. Everyone here thinks there a victim and should have your hands held all the way to school.

Every grainco is not out to screw over farmers in every way. Yeah there are some bad apples but how many times are you selling your grain to them. If that is over once i'd be surprised.

If you are not clear on what you are selling your grain for that is on you. Not the grainco they honestly want your grain to come in like what they bought it because that is what they are planning on. If you think someone is trying to screw you over put in a grade dispute with the CGC. That is what it is there for and here is a link for how too.

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/services-services/subject-sous/dispute-grain-grade.html

Not everyone is out to get you. If you lost out because your grain came in different than the grade sheet take it and talk to your Grain Buyer. Work something out. Don't whine and say they are out to get you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                Wow, now i remember why i stopped posting on here. Everyone here thinks there a victim and should have your hands held all the way to school.

Every grainco is not out to screw over farmers in every way. Yeah there are some bad apples but how many times are you selling your grain to them. If that is over once i'd be surprised.

If you are not clear on what you are selling your grain for that is on you. Not the grainco they honestly want your grain to come in like what they bought it because that is what they are planning on. If you think someone is trying to screw you over put in a grade dispute with the CGC. That is what it is there for and here is a link for how too.

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/services-services/subject-sous/dispute-grain-grade.html

Not everyone is out to get you. If you lost out because your grain came in different than the grade sheet take it and talk to your Grain Buyer. Work something out. Don't whine and say they are out to get you.
                The Canadian Durum market is corrupt through and through thats why we sell into the States for damn near double. Get bent Kinger!

Comment

Farmaholic, just want to impart a bit of experience to you. Picture 3500-4000 bushels of #1 dry old crop Laird Lentils in a 10,000 bushel bin - Farmer Joe is hauling in these "pearls" and getting 52 cents a lb for prompt shipment, but he is combining very tough #3's at same time. Guess who dumps 3 loads of crap in the #1 bin while hauling at night and green night cleaner operator was not expecting? Farmer Joe was a life-long friend and thought they could just be "blended off". Grain buyers need rep samples and I don't blame them after I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly for 37 years. No disrespect intended just safer to be "buyer beware".

Comment

Sumdumguy....you bring up a very good point, one I was going to bring up but get sick of arguing against people who think farmers always think of themselves as victims. **** that, we're being labelled as such. If pointing out certain facts and standing up for ourselves makes us victims....that's probably only in the eye's of the people guilty of the points we're making.

Let's turn the table for a minute. ...not every producer is out to screw the buyers. I'm in this for the long haul and have decent relationships with my buyers....best is with some of the special crops buyers. I don't hand pick submitted samples, or throw a bit of shit in every load, or think of ways to **** my buyer.....you'll only do that so many times. I bet they wish all their customers were as open and upfront with their product as I am.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Kinger

My neighbor had the company that bought his grain come out and sample the bins themselves.....they still tried to **** him over....asking if it's the bins they sampled.....

Yes the grain cos will try to **** you every which way to Sunday. ...it's a fact.
                      Who samples bins anymore? Only reason for that is because the farmer was too lazy to take samples of EVERY load. I agree with kinger, what are some of you actually doing?

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                        Who samples bins anymore? Only reason for that is because the farmer was too lazy to take samples of EVERY load. I agree with kinger, what are some of you actually doing?

You guys dont have a sniff and obviously not been played by the Durum games.
                        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 18, 2017, 19:19.

Comment

Nope the grainco came and sampled themselves because the farmer took load samples and they didn't trust his samples. ...then they were botching about moisture. ...

Comment

Text messages are starting to appear looking for durum.

Maybe the buyers are starting to get worried about their supply.

Comment

And there is part of the problem. There is little consistency in the subjective grading(hand picking for fusarium) and the vomitoxin testing that is occuring. "Harvest samples submitted don't match deliveries"....well take into account the inconsistencies and it's not hard to figure out where part of the problem lies. And it's always easier to blame the "sample".
                              How easy is it to skew a vomi test with a bad(or good) grab? That minute amount of grain being used to test for DON levels in a much MUCH larger quantity.

Somewhere here I saw it said Graincos want to handle your grain... because they make their money on turns... well there is as much if not alot more money to be made on price spreads and grade spreads than what was considered elevation fees in the old system.

Good to have open and honest dialog....
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 19, 2017, 07:32.

Comment

Agree Farmaholic. I blame the government. The CGC should have the situation under CONTROL. When grading is a joke, what can one do?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...