• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "good" the bad and the UGLY!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haul that bumper crop of wheat in priced at 9.35 and haul home the gold. Trump starts a war the gold doubles it just gets better and better. Farming is so easy.

Comment

Observant of you stoney but there were field pics that showed overall better conditions than the poorest spots I picked. For ****'s sake I know someone else always has it worse or its not so bad it couldn't be worse....my pappy always tells me that
      Sorry to hear about the lack of rain where you are, I hope you get what you need before its absolutely too late, like I'm hoping for here as well.

Someone asked why there were no pics of poor crops, so I thought I'd open that door and be the first to walk through, hoping some others would follow. All the pics I posted aren't of my crops but it shows what's here. ......and THANKFULLY the worst in the district aren't mine.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 16, 2017, 21:03.

Comment

This canola crop is getting punched out. Looks okay from the road until you walk out in it and holy shoot.

Does anyone remember what stats can average yield was? Save me looking it up

Iceman Out

Comment

More should post how bad it really is out there.
          I wouldnt worry about Stoney he's mad he can't get the yellow stain off his pants and he just donated to the Ndp so he s a little confused right now. Hahahaha

Comment

Also in the wettest years we only lost about 10-15% of our acres to flooding or too wet, so how many areas on this farm in these drought-like conditions do you think could be described as lush?

Some people are impossible, chastising some people for posting pics of too good a crop and others for not posting pics of poor enough crops.

I tipped my hand and maybe shouldn't have! Water off a duck's back.....

Comment

Ya i would be confused if i just donated to the ndp. I am left-handed though If the right one don't getcha the left one will!

Comment

Blood is thicker than water. Stoney I understand not everyday your uncle jagmeet Singh could be the prime minister of Canada.
                Hahahaha

Comment

Ok stoney, put down your guard/shield and post pics. I was honest enough to tell you which crop pics were mine and which weren't . I could have left out the pics of larger areas of the fields that showed it wasn't all shit. Oh yea did I mention there are better crops in the district than mine.... but not twice as good or even one and a half times as good. Low tides can strand all ships just like high tides can raise all ships.....

Comment

Location?

Comment

Farmaholic, I have had crop like that all too often. Pretty demoralizing.

In 2009 I was in a little hole and didnt combine a bushel. Many had exceptional crops. Its a pretty tough winter. But in spring it a new start to a new year.

Comment

Me? South East of Regina....about 50 kms.

Comment

LEP, we here were lucky during the too wet years, and I know too dry isn't good for my farm because of soil type and topography. And even this year we may be doing better than some guys did when it was too wet. I think of guys like freesheep where it was too wet to turn a wheel or people who lost huge acres to standing water. But things tend to average out and this year will bring our average down. It is what it is!

Comment

I see your crap and raise you more crap crops

Dry as fart around regina. Large cracks now letting the deep moisture escape. High wind and 35 today really was the icing on the cake

Here's my beans - pic representative of whole field

Here's my canola - looks crappy from road then your jaw hits the floor when you walk in

Canola plants wilting badly...I am not sure they can take this next week of heat

Comment

Here is my ugliest pictures. This nearly bald area is the most productive soil on the farm, never fails, until now. Latest scourge is slugs, they are killing entire plants, seeing lots of large plants dead with no leaves left. Not quite sure how to explain why the problems are worst in this spot? Was harvested this spring a few days before direct seeding, was a massive barley crop, lots of residue, flat on the ground since July of last year which would have been perfect for the slugs. Seeded too deep ( wouldn't have been too deep except a 2" downpour collapsed the furrows and buried the seeds much deeper). Low plant population was then attacked by flea beetles, sprayed them twice, but they still took any plant that grew, only a few survived long enough to be eaten by slugs. And they are still covered in flea beetles. A good hailstorm today didn't help matters.

Most of my canola has some bald/thin spots from the wet and the beetles, but this is largest and the most depressing.

Still wet around here, trying to hay and making ruts, barley still has many yellow patches. No terrible amounts of rain, just never has dried out since being so wet last fall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170716_202858.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	765857Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170716_204100.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	765855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170716_203630.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	765856
                              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 16, 2017, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                [ATTACH]1883[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1881[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1882[/ATTACH]
                                $20 canola aught to make that profitable...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...