• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan Crop Insurance wildlife damage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan Crop Insurance wildlife damage

Has anyone recieved payments yet for wildlife damage from this spring adjusting yet? I had 400 acres of oats written off but have yet to see any compensation. I called and they said they don't know what they are paying yet. Are they waiting to see how many claims are out there and dividing up the pot or what?

Don't recall any pay outs for farmers in the last budget.
    Your probably hooped.

Comment

They are waiting till next monday so then the payment will go against your premium. no check just a lower premium is my guess.

Comment

Imagine it'll go on your premium. Have a claim on oats too and got a letter with amount but no cheque. Filed an unseeded claim so imagine my premium will be nil. Neighbour with lots of crop out still was told monies are going against this years premiums. Though they'll have to cough up enough because there is still enough out. For wildlife claims crop ins hasn't got back on my oats. Adjuster figured anywhere between 50 and 92% loss on swaths. With the sad state provinces finances are in and potential upcoming claims it could turn out to be a perfect storm. Throw in a black swan like an August frost in the parkland and yikes. Wildlife damages are low on the list.

Comment

The big question for wildlife damage is what grade are they for on the lost grain.

I was told I would be paid for sample unless I combined my wheat and proved it could be sold for feed. (Almost $2 per bushel difference)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...