• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deere moving to subscription based fees

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deere moving to subscription based fees

Well, after u pay 800k for a piece of equipment JD is going to charge you annual fees to use it

[URL="https://sloansupport.com/2017/06/21/john-deere-4640-gen-4-display-vs-jd-2630-gs3/"]https://sloansupport.com/2017/06/21/john-deere-4640-gen-4-display-vs-jd-2630-gs3/[/URL]

If you read the jd press release it sounds like they are saving farmers money. Thye quickly sneek in a brief comment about the subscription based model

[URL="https://www.deere.com/en_US/corporate/our_company/news_and_media/press_releases/2017/agriculture/2017jun1_4640_universal_display.page"]https://www.deere.com/en_US/corporate/our_company/news_and_media/press_releases/2017/agriculture/2017jun1_4640_universal_display.page[/URL]
    Last edited by MBgrower; Jun 24, 2017, 18:36.

Got to chuckle at that. All the companies have convinced the majority of farmers that you HAVE to have the latest technology in order to farm properly ( as well as peer pressure ) imo opinion the most cost effective thing to come along in the last 20 years is gps and autosteer. Around here the worst seeded fields came from an 800,000. drill, one of the best came from a 3,000. drill. It's the operator. I prefer old school, works for me.

Comment

**** them..... those arrogant ****ing assholes!

If the others haven't followed suit yet, send the message with your wallet and tell the competing brands why you've chosen them over those knobs. And maybe we can save ourselves from another useless machinery manufacturers cash grab.

And if owning only green strokes your ego that much.... well maybe that's the price you'll have to pay to own them. The assholes couldn't even make a swather to compete with MacDon.... so they get them to "brand them green" and magically they're a JD swather! They don't always have the best machine in the field but they've done the best job "selling themselves" as such. Earlier model "over-engineered" 4 wheel drives that needed major surgery to change a clutch. Small cleaning area 9600 combines. Brand Marketing at it's finest! Play on the ego of the customer....
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 24, 2017, 21:55.

Comment

How much is a laptop computer fully loaded with it's operating system and afew programs? Why are Ag Producers getting ****d with what has become basic technology? Does it cost that much to write programming and develop basic graphics and those costs spread over too few that are sold in comparison to generic computers?

Comment

And what do you want to bet they are collecting every bit of data that is being logged into that monitor.... you're paying them to collect it and use it to develop and market product against you.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Farma pop a cold one !

Deere ain't the Farmers friend like some think !

I have two on the go!

Besides, wouldn't "subscription" indicate a voluntary choice to pay for and use a product.....this is nothing short of ransom, but at least they give you a choice of how much you "want" to pay!
            Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 24, 2017, 22:40.

Comment

Ahhh yes wiseguy, I caught your post in my response when I hit the reply button.... why do you delete so many of your posts?

Comment

Don't blame the manufactures they couldn't do it without you wannabes being complacent.

Comment

Current model of operator ownership is not providing enough revenue. Leasing and fees will fix that.

Comment

F)$k the club!

Comment

If Deere does this and farmers continue to buy you can't blame them.
                      I believe Bill Gates owns 10% of Deere so maybe he figures if Microsoft do it why not Deere.

Comment

My neighbor had all new John Deere tractors and combine. There was a nice little plaque where the driver could see it at all times.ThisJohn Deere tractor owned and operated by "Farmer's name".
                        That massaged a lot of egos and sold a lot of Deere equipment. I thought he was a very smart and succesful farmer until I learned he could not find a market for his grain. It didnt take much longer to see it was mostly show using his father in laws inheritence. That changed the way I regard farmers.

Comment

Agco is the only saying theyre not gonna go there
                          Last edited by caseih; Jun 25, 2017, 23:00.

Comment

Our machinery today is so reliant on electronics some pieces wouldnt even work without. Dangerous precedent Deere is setting. Minions need to revolt. Case 'claims' not to use your yield data etc. But a subscription to keep it all working is here. Talking about gps shit etc. not to keep your damn engine running. Thats bs. If the manufactures always knew best no one would have to chip a diesel pickup just to keep it running!

Farma. Your prior Deere experience sounds like mine!!
                            They sure milked a once deserved rep.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              F)$k the club!
                              sf3 , must'nt speak that way .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.