• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dicamba drift problems in USA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicamba drift problems in USA

I knew it was only a matter of time before this was going to become a problem. There is a whole generation of farmers in the usa who only know of growing rr crops.

Id like to see them farm here where often u have a 4 different susceptible crops on each sides of the fields.

[URL="https://www.agweb.com/article/dicamba-ban-passes-heads-to-govs-desk-naa-chris-bennett/"]https://www.agweb.com/article/dicamba-ban-passes-heads-to-govs-desk-naa-chris-bennett/[/URL]
    https://www.agweb.com/article/dicamba-ban-passes-heads-to-govs-desk-naa-chris-bennett/

I've heard it's more of an attitude problem. Neighbours don't care or antagonistic, BTO's spraying in too much wind and/or spraying too fast (fine droplets, too much pressure).

Also timing. We were advised with our Extend beans to spray pre emerge before any non Extend beans had emerged. They're not doing that enough in the US.

Several states have had emergency meetings after complaints.

Hopefully we can keep this technology working safely here. Our Extend beans are unbelievably clean. They're Star City variety and look great so far. They'd like some warmer temps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
      I've heard it's more of an attitude problem. Neighbours don't care or antagonistic, BTO's spraying in too much wind and/or spraying too fast (fine droplets, too much pressure).

Also timing. We were advised with our Extend beans to spray pre emerge before any non Extend beans had emerged. They're not doing that enough in the US.

Several states have had emergency meetings after complaints.

Hopefully we can keep this technology working safely here. Our Extend beans are unbelievably clean. They're Star City variety and look great so far. They'd like some warmer temps though.
      Snotted mine on with 10 imp gal of water at 35psi, a very slight sw wind at 75-80° around supper time tuesday. So far so good. Sprayed right tight to the yard and garden. No damage yet to anything in the yard. Berry bushes and shrubs and such.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        Snotted mine on with 10 imp gal of water at 35psi, a very slight sw wind at 75-80° around supper time tuesday.
        Like that description..."snotted"

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Like that description..."snotted"
          Those droplets at 35psi looked like they would almost hurt.

But then i don't pretend im a fighter pilot when spraying either...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...