• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Canola pest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Canola pest

Supposedly called a type of Chinch bug. Biting canola stems off just under the crust. Sprays uneffective from what I understand.

Picture is copyrighted.
    Last edited by biglentil; Jun 24, 2017, 09:17.

When we actually could use good chemicals to treat our canola that did nothing to hurt the environment except kill in ground bugs was taken away for shit show seed treatments. Now the bugs thrive.

Comment

This confirms that we rely on canola to much. Need to find another crop/crops that can provide a return so we can get into better crop rotations for using canola. Its always something.

Comment

where's this at big l ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          where's this at big l ?
          Near Regina im custom reseeding a half there that was misteriously wiped out. Got grossed out when changing depth, the ground was moving so took a pic. Was browsing through combine forum and found a thread just started yesterday talking about same bug in canola. Lorsban was not effective. Supposedly the agrologist recommended Pounce at the 20 acre rate (8 times standard rate so $40 an acre?) with get this 160g/a water volume. Anyone know if nozzels outa an irrigation pivot fit into a teejet holder? LoL

Comment

Sod Web Worm is easily killed with Decis even if we applied it above ground. I think trash is very nice but we may have to 'trash the trash) if the bugs eat everything.

Comment

These tiny insects look like Millipedes. I'm allergic to these creatures. I know how beneficial they are, of course, if you have a farm. But, I don't figure out what they are doing in my yard. My kids were afraid when seeing them. I read on https://pestcontrolhacks.com/how-to-get-rid-of-millipedes/ pestcontrolhacks that they can crawl into the house. Of course, my wish was not for my home to be invaded by such creatures and scared my family. I bought insecticide, and I just killed them. Now, I don't have any. So relieved.
              Last edited by GrayMary; Aug 2, 2021, 02:08.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...