• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF3 , that's definetely the highlight of this shitty , rainy day , lol

Comment

Thought you guys always say,,, it the farmer that gettin' bent over?

Bent over is one thing,,,but really,,, shouldn't they bend over backwards for our business?

A little hypermobility to accommodate the modern farmer!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        [ATTACH]1573[/ATTACH]

I just thought this is funny and don't want to hurt any ones feelings at all its meant as humor. So to all those who are easily offended i apologize.
        Unfortunately the picture is out of focus, can hardly even see the flowers due to the object in the center, but I suspect those are not canola flowers. In the interest of science, I performed some research to look into the image closer, tough job, but someone had to do it. I searched the original image on google and those look more like the tall buttercup we have in all the low pastures around here and is considered an invasive species. You may want to consider a different agronomist who can at least identify a canola plant, and get the focus on your camera fixed.

Although I will admit, she( I hope it is a she, other wise, joke is on us...) does understand a lot about marketing, and knowledge about agronomy is probably not necessary for a successful business given those other assets.
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 22, 2017, 19:14.

Comment

Cereals big winners here, lush green ,should start seeing flags in about 10 days. Canola has two distinct growth stages, will be tough to time cutting, lots will be straight cut. Canola bolted early due to earlier dryness, will have an impact on yield. Beans look good, starting to fix nitrogen and green up, but will need heat to get them going. Corn looking a bit sick, too cold. Last year on july corn was knee high, wont be there this year. Need more co2 to warm us up.

Comment

My area is quite irrelevant. Wheat looks very good, except where it drowned out. Early barley on dry ground looks excellent. Mine on wet ground is very patchy. Canola is extremely late, patchy and uneven thanks mostly to extreme flea beetle pressure. they are still destroying any smaller plants that were trying to recover from the first round. I had some emergence issues on worked ground, seeded slightly deep since the seedbed was mostly lumps of concrete, then it rained the usual 2 inches all at once and sealed right up. Direct seeded all looks good except for the flea beetle damage and drown outs. Took a drive last week, drown outs and standing water all over the country. Lots of crop still out, just seeded around.

Pastures look excellent, must be making up for lost time after not growing for the past two springs due to no rain. Hay is ahead of where it should be, and all over the map.

Comment

Canola has cabbaged out very nicely. Seeded May 11th. No sign of bolting yet.

Hemp seeded June 1st. With over 2 inches of rain this week it should start shooting up soon. This year I am going to put up a measuring stick so I can figure out the rate of growth at the peak of the season. I think it could be 2 inches per day.

Comment

If our agrologist posed like that the crop would have disease.

Comment

Nice canola there Lex
                  That's a nice back yard on that agroligist btw

Comment

Interesting day. 3 hour drive from home to Vermillion to look at a piece of equipment. In my area east of Red Deer all crops are looking pretty good. All my crops are sprayed. Wheat looks good except low areas where ground was to wet when seeded. Canola seemed to have a slow start but looking good now. Cabbaging out not bolting yet. Not to many pea fields in my area but looking average. My 1 quarter of barley has too much rain and prob 20% of it looks yellow and dying. Stettler area looked about the same. As I went north toward Vermillion crops got a bit shorter and looked 3-4 days behind ours. Came back through Vegreville and than south to home. South of Vegreville looked the worst. Very wet, still the odd unharvested field and some fields too wet to seed. Overall lots of canola and lots of water. Hay crops and cattle pastures looked good everywhere I went.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9788.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	765610

Switched up the spray to Axil as plants are growing fast. Field is fairly clean but sports have wildoats, this field was worked last fall.

Comment

We finished reseeding yesterday. Yuk shi my! What a rough start! Bring on greenhouse conditions, we need them.

Comment

Two hours spraying left, lots of bare patches in canola, drown outs, yellow stunted plants, guessing 10-15% of seeded will yield FA.
                          Think crop is behind but how the hell not with COLD near freezing temps. F*CK global warming, lying crooks!

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	765611

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	765612

Comment

Fj... canola looks better than ours!

Comment

Name:	D6A777AB-DACC-4A4B-8367-DCA539F944E9.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	765613

Barley done onto last hrs

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Fj... canola looks better than ours!
                                The best spot I could find, no yellow and drown outs ...
                                Rest is not as "rosy"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...