• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassfarmer Cattleman

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassfarmer Cattleman

What are saleyard prices over there for say 15 month steer $5.90 per kg live weight here and sheep around $5.10 and lambs $6.50

These are rough saleyard prices.

I had a bit of a clean up the other day and sold 31 wethers castrated males oldish 4 to 5 years old made $164 per head hmmmm sure beats chasing cropping dollar but I'm a mixed farmer have both only way to be and a bit of risk management. Hmmm should have never got out of cattle 5 years ago alas

Pork $1.90 live

Consumer backlash is interesting only slight here those who eat steak and lambs will continue to.

PS still have skin in the game building my sheep flock back up 1300 ewes at moment for wool and meat.

Beef I buy a side at time and pay between $9 and $10 per kilo butchered and packaged from small local butcher.

Hi Mallee, I am not sure where sheep prices are.

How big are those 15 month old animals?

Here, a finished steer, about 1,400 lbs going to slaughter is selling for about $1.70/lb, or about $3.75/kg live weight. This is Canadian dollars, with one Canadian dollar worth about 74 cents US. Was your price a live price or a rail price? Be interesting to compare in US dollars. Our slaughter price is about $1.26 US, live weight.

For a feeder steer about 900 lbs going into a feedlot, they are at about $1.90/lb Canadian.

Comment

Millie. Check beaverhillauctions in tofield or vjv auctions restock for sheep prices. Lambs 110/120# are about 2.00 /2.20 per # cull sheep .60/90 cents/#old weathers same as cull ewes

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.