• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the ripe old age of 53

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the ripe old age of 53

Was out working burning stubble trash in preparation for seeding about 3 pm yesterday afternoon was feeling a bit weary had my first nanna nap snooze for 20 minutes in the ute.

Felt like crap afterwards should have just kept working.

My dad used to nap every day from 12.30 to one before afternnons work.

Doubt I will do it again anyone else do it regularly?

i see nothing wrong with a power nap .. better to do that then get hurt .

Comment

Does putting your head on the steering wheel at 4 am to get a slight recharge count? Glad it rained so I could go to bed. Dad used to nap too. I'm pretty sure he was just as busy back then too and worked from sun up to sundown. Now he just snoozes through Blue Jays games if they're getting pounded.

Comment

I napped right thru a fence seeding a few years ago.....it's better to stop and rest than think the long blinks will do it.

Weird ass feeling when you don't know where the **** you are.....although I am getting use to the feelings
        Last edited by bucket; May 24, 2017, 16:47.

Comment

I find 5-10 minutes right after lunch recharges me for the day. If I sleep longer than that I wake up feeling worse than before.

Comment

Try to nap at least once a week, when I was in my twenties I napped almost every day but I was framing houses back then and worked way to hard.

Comment

That is so funny. I started this year after dinner stopping set my watch and 20 min later up and go again.

Comment

Hey Mallee we are the same age! During the winter I like a five min nap after lunch, any longer and I get groggy and hard to wake up. Once seeding starts no more naps until winter again unless it is raining and not much going on.

Comment

Looks like i got ten months to sharpen my nap skills.

Comment

From time to time, depending on the day, I'll grab 15 mins. after lunch. Feel refreshed like I've had a couple hours rest, and more awake than getting up in the morning. If it happens to stretch out to 20-30 mins, I feel like crap for the next hour or two. Nearly drove into water with the airdrill twice today, trying to grab some rest on a half mile pass. Luckily everything stayed dry, including my boots.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                      Hey Mallee we are the same age! During the winter I like a five min nap after lunch, any longer and I get groggy and hard to wake up. Once seeding starts no more naps until winter again unless it is raining and not much going on.
                      Yup 53 is a good age, just hit it this month. Between 3 and 4 the head nods happen. 10-15 minute nap fixes that lol.

Comment

I am alittle older than you but many times I find 10 or 15 minutes makes a huge difference. Sometimes, parked on a headland with my head on a steering wheel. Seeding or harvest.

I say if it helps do it.

Comment

65 model, they say they weren't as good as the 64's...a bit of a lemon, I guess that's why I'm so bitter.

Power naps are good when you need them.

I don't like the physical limitations that are coming with aging. Things started changing at about 48 for me. Now I am beginning to understand what my dad was talking about.

No more jumping off equipment, a little unsure about footing crawling around on equipment, vision issues....focusing. Otherwise decent shape....just need to remember I'm not 30 anymore! Time to start acting my age...lol. Probably just a number anyway but the body will dictate what I can do, and it's already got more influence than my mind.

Stay safe. Don't be "care-less, be "care-full.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; May 25, 2017, 07:02.

Comment

Holy crap.i am 61 and feel awesome..no naps..just go..
                            Big thing is stay fit in the off season..loose the gluten for lunch and you will not need a nap..
                            Weigh the same as I did at 16...
                            Can out run my kids.

Comment

hey partners sounds like your in good shape legend wish I was , 3 rounds of shoulder surgery hip replacement and one knee surgery I'm worse for wear.....

to much sport and motor bikes and crazy shit in my youth

not sure who said it but I felt like crap maybe I napped to long.

watch a movie on tv at 8.30 at night has to be good or I'm dozing by 9.15.

funny though combine or seeder at night doesn't bother me but between 3 and 4 in afternoon I get noddy usually have a walk coffee or phone call I'm all good.

but yeah my dad must have done it for at least 20 yrs half hour after lunch every day.

sorry about lack of capitals and sentence structure but sure good to have a break from weather markets climate or politician threads cheers guys

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...