• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Ritz cracker

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Ritz cracker

Saw this one on Facebook and sadly it isn't a spoof. And to think people were questioning the current Ag ministers credentials.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.35.50 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	777583

As the poster on FB said quite succinctly "Acceptance of the scientific evidence of climate change is not left wing. It's just science. If you don't accept that evidence, that's because of ignorance, not politics."

Grassfarmer, the IPCC is certainly more of a political organization than a scientific one, if you believe otherwise you are truly naive.

Comment

A gas poll, or is it an aghast pole?

Comment

When has science been settled throughout history? Never? If it was, science would still believe the earth was flat, or that oil comes from dead dinasours, or that the sun revolves around the earth instead of vice versa, etc. etc. as more knowledge becomes available science facts change. You've been duped grassfarmer, just admit it and get it over with.

Comment

If anybody belongs to the flat earth society it's the climate change deniers. If Trump had been able to find a politician willing to claim the earth was flat he'd probably have appointed him transport minister. Maybe Ritz should apply? seems dumb enough.

Comment

Grassfarmer you'd better be careful about what you say about The Ritz Cracker (aka Failed Ostrich Farmer) there are many posters on here that voted for him or strongly supported him while he was the Ag minister. Cracker's word is the gospel!

Probably the same ones who became Conservative card holders just to vote for O'Leary. I'm still busting a gut over that one, and to think they admitted to it here on Agriville makes it twice as funny!!

Comment

Grass farmer and Forage let's look at present climate policy of various Canadian governments. Both Notley and Trudeau tell us we need a carbon tax to reduce our energy consumption but at the same time get us social licence to build pipelines so we can grow our economy and export more of our resources. It appears to me that the government wants to tax the citizens so that our industrial polluters can prosper. Look at their new carbon tax policy for provinces that don't have one yet like Saskatchewan. It is set up with a yearly increase in the carbon tax for average citizens but large industrial emitters get a break because they have to compete with large American firms with no tax. This policy is a tax grab plain and simple.

As for their assertion that we are experiencing more and more frequent extreme weather events. I would say crop production is a good indicator of weather patterns. Since 2012 soybeans consumption has increased 18% while production has increased 49%. At the same time we have a world glut of wheat and judging by the price of corn an excess of corn as well. Yet many people in n the world go hungry. Maybe higher C02 levels are indeed helping increase our productivity.

Our environment minister tells us their plan will reduce extreme weather events and slow global temperature increases. I call bullshit. Lowering our global contribution from 1.6% to 1.3 or 1.2 won't affect the environment one bit but it will certainly increase our cost of living. Enjoy your day:-)

Comment

After support for Trans Pacific trade pact by our previous government, it is gratifying to see present one continuing with discussions. Hope Ritz and new conservative leader continue support.
                Trump administration is to be condemned for cutting support and going it alone in an isolationist approach to trade.
                As much as we might differ with Trudeau on other policy, think he has it right on this.

Comment

Hamloc, there is such a thing as collective responsibility. Do you think Canada should have stayed out of two world wars because our population was only an insignificant percentage of the world population and we couldn't possibly make a difference?

Comment

Well grassy we may as well stayed out of ww2 because win or lose we ended up with a dictator running our country and being supported by people who believe his bullshit be cause they don't seem smart enough to think for themselves. I bet Hitler would have taken care of terrorist problems.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                      Well grassy we may as well stayed out of ww2 because win or lose we ended up with a dictator running our country and being supported by people who believe his bullshit be cause they don't seem smart enough to think for themselves. I bet Hitler would have taken care of terrorist problems.
                      Trudeau a dictator, Hitler better at controlling terrorists? you're right some people don't seem smart enough.
                      How insulting to the people who fought for our freedom in those and other wars.

Comment

Hamloc

My post was mainly to do with what an idiot Ritz Cracker is. Just read what he wrote and it's not hard to come to that conclusion.

Not an expert on climate change, and that's why I stay away from the topic. My farm has benefited from science and when a vast majority of scientists (something like 95%) are saying climate change is real, I'm not going to argue with the experts. Debating it on here is hopeless

What the majority of posters on Agriville believe regarding climate change means nothing to me, their not experts nor are any of them scientists, they only speak out against it because they feel brave on here.

Good luck seeding!!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          Trudeau a dictator, Hitler better at controlling terrorists? you're right some people don't seem smart enough.
                          How insulting to the people who fought for our freedom in those and other wars.
                          Really grassfarmer? you called harper a dictator ( about as foolish as it gets ) yet trudeau isn't. Typical leftwing extremist, spew out outrageous lies while completly ignoring the truth surrounding you. It's people like you and forage that make this country a poorer place to live.

Comment

The country canadian soldiers fought and died for in the world wars was a hell of a lot different than the Joke of a country we live in now where one part of the country dictates to and steals from the rest of its people. It makes me sick to see the corruption of today's political and business leaders and what it does to society and the idiots that believe every word they are told. Grass grow some balls and start to think for yourself.

Comment

Wah, wah wah - what a lot of babies. "The country is going to the dogs...it's become a joke...leftwing extremists and terrorists taking over" Some of you folks want to travel a bit, or at least read about other parts of the world and you'd realise how lucky we are to live in Canada. The freedom, security and incredible wealth we enjoy in this country makes it one of the very best places in the world to live yet there is a constant whine on here about how bad everything is. You owe the veterans that fought and died for what we enjoy today better than this lazy, spoiled, ignorance.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...