• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather-Not Good

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather-Not Good

Drew sent out a advisory tonight. Massive low pressure system coming through. North east and North west Sask 3-4 inches possible. Sounds like the system will stall out over Sask. sounds like the south will get much needed rain.

When are they predicting it? I see some precip has just popped up on YR.NO forecast for Thur-Sun but seems to be just showers off and on maybe an inch for here. Desperately need rain here for the grass but would be nice to get my corn seeded first.

Comment

Is ANYONE getting what they want/need?

Comment

The other forecasters aren't showing that but it is the weekend and they might be all asleep. That sounds like the fat lady warming up!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          When are they predicting it? I see some precip has just popped up on YR.NO forecast for Thur-Sun but seems to be just showers off and on maybe an inch for here. Desperately need rain here for the grass but would be nice to get my corn seeded first.

According to Drew Learner the upper level low is to start raining in Alberta on Tuesday. It will move into Sask on Wednesday and Manitoba on Thursday. The rain is to last for up to three days and could stall in Sask and put down a lot of moisture in areas that are already saturated (up to three inches).

Learner says there is some uncertainty about the amount of rain. Learner says that the system may stall in Sask but he does not buy that yet but he says the model are confirming what some predicted late last week

Comment

3-4" in northeast Sask = lots of unseeded acres.

Hope this is wrong!

Comment

Got 100 ac left , fish 🐟

Comment

Only 1/2 inch forecast for Regina area. A littlle more would be nice but we'll be thankful for whatever moisture comes our way. We golfed at Madge yesterday and there's still abit to seed there, but the dust behind the seeding outfits was surprising.

How's the green carpet coming in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
                  Drew sent out a advisory tonight. Massive low pressure system coming through. North east and North west Sask 3-4 inches possible. Sounds like the system will stall out over Sask. sounds like the south will get much needed rain.

How far north? Is Humboldt gonna get dumped on again?

Comment

Seems to me the rainfall events that are most plentiful for us are the lows that come out of Montana and travel North East. Seems these lows that are coming in from higher latitudes get rained out by the time they reach us, if we are even in their path, or we're left with remnants of scattered showers of the system's wrap around effect. And that is a complete lottery.

I'll pay $50,000 for the first inch over my farm if someone wants to sell theirs, but I don't pay until its delivered!

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;346032]Seems to me the rainfall events that are most plentiful for us are the lows that come out of Montana and travel North East. Seems these lows that are coming in from higher latitudes get rained out by the time they reach us, if we are even in their path, or we're left with remnants of scattered showers of the system's wrap around effect. And that is a complete lottery.

I'll pay $50,000 for the first inch over my farm if someone wants to sell theirs, but I don't pay until its delivered![/QUO

ok will deliver on Thursday

Comment

Conditions are perfect here , 90 % seeded and showers to germinate seeded crops with plentiful subsoil. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Too good to be true. Soy emerging cereals 2 leaf.

Comment

I'd need 100,000 you supply pipe

Comment

OK 75000. I don't think I'd need to move pump for one inch

Comment

Good growing conditions here, could use a little more rain but ok for now. Biggest concern is lack of heaft units. Soybeans seeded two weeks ago and just starting to emerge. Night time lows in single digits and daytime highs rarely hitting 20C. 30 day forecast show same pattern. Doubt we will see record corn and bean yields in mb again this year. Corn could be the biggest loser.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...