• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather-Not Good

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa-whoa-whoa ladies and gentlemen. Someone check in with SF3, he mighty need some!

Comment

On tv the weather channel shows northern Alberta heavy and saskatoon north for rain. South of saskatoon light showers if any thing

Comment

Half done here. Some land too wet to get on. Might get wheat in before she hits. Wind change to SE today. Terragator booked.

Comment

Spinning shortwave showers hitting us right now. Trying to get ready for beans. Soil is too cold at only plus 8 and now showers which makes the soil even cooler.

Fields are still sopping wet with surprise frost boils or springs lurking.

Comment

Comment

There is a pile of canola getting put in the past 4 days and until weds night .
              This area should have 90% canola in before rain.
              Every air drill , floater and harrow going balls out on canola

Comment

Winds will be 50-70kms/hr here is advance of the system. Sounds to me like we'll be on the line between high and low pressure....little rain and mostly wind. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Calgary to the Hat supposed to get the worst of the wind. Sounds like what we got in March minus the snow and high windchills.

"Looking at the latest GFS forecast model, an area of southern Alberta between Calgary and Medicine Hat will be the focus of a major wind storm on Wednesday. Peak sustained winds of 73 knots or 135km/hr are showing up as of 0z or 6pm local time. Tree and property damage begin to occur at 80km/hr which is the criteria to issue wind warnings by Environment Canada. This will go way above and beyond that so widespread power outages and major widespread damage will occur across most of the province. A special weather statement is already in place for the region and expect warnings to be issued very early so people can prepare. To put this into perspective, 135km/hr winds would make this a category 1 hurricane but since it is on land, it is considered an "Inland Cyclone".

Comment

Like ma Pappy sez....things are never so bad that they couldn't be worse. Their wind puts what we'll be experiencing into perspective.

But me and wind have an understanding. ...it knows I hate it and when it wants to blow, I let it blow. (Like hobby's rain comment)

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Like ma Pappy sez....things are never so bad that they couldn't be worse. Their wind puts what we'll be experiencing into perspective.

But me and wind have an understanding. ...it knows I hate it and when it wants to blow, I let it blow. (Like hobby's rain comment)
                      I read some of Farley Mowats books of when he went to live in the north and he said the native people that lived in the arctic always said " The wind rules above all"

Comment

Farma and I we need rain. The frost stunted everything and the moisture... she gone crumbles like an ole dad's cookie. Now just calling for showers on Thursday. She won't be pretty if we miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                          Farma and I we need rain. The frost stunted everything and the moisture... she gone crumbles like an ole dad's cookie. Now just calling for showers on Thursday. She won't be pretty if we miss it.
                          And she wont be pretty if we get it

Comment

I'm not holding my breath on this one Biglentil. I will be grateful if it does give us a good shot. But I think our good rain will have to come out of Montana....not this stuff coming in at higher latitudes and us getting the left overs from wrap around showers. We need to be in the direct path of the low....

But WTF do I know and will dance nude in the mud if we get an inch....good thing our yard is a half mile off the municipal road.

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;346119]I'm not holding my breath on this one Biglentil. I will be grateful if it does give us a good shot. But I think our good rain will have to come out of Montana....not this stuff coming in at higher latitudes and us getting the left overs from wrap around showers. We need to be in the direct path of the low....

But WTF do I know and will dance nude in the mud if we get an inch....good thing our yard is a half mile off the municipal road.[/

Farmaholic, I hear you and double that. There's nothing like an inch of rain right after seeding, but, I hate to say it, we waited until July 19 in 1980. Only crop that made it was Laird Lentils, all sold for 85 cents a pound.

Comment

Speacial weather bulletins everywhere north now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...