• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a front blow out once. That was enuf for me. When kid, one truck on log haul lost a wheel and he made a tobogan outta the truck. I take all trucks in for an inspection as appropriate even if not legislated cause of that.

One more dump of rain here and I call the floater trucks.

Comment

It looks to me like the Omega Block is over the city of Regina again. Clouds can't break through. Come on buggar, prove me wrong!

Comment

It's time to park the seeding apparatus and find a fishing boat. They are catching their limits 😀 I gave up on mushrooms cause you guys won't tell me where your favourite picking spots are. 👎

Comment

Still waiting and I need a week of todays weather to get going. Finally a south west wind and sunshine. If you look out in the fields you see ruts full of water so almost need a miracle for this to end well.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Still waiting and I need a week of todays weather to get going. Finally a south west wind and sunshine. If you look out in the fields you see ruts full of water so almost need a miracle for this to end well.

Too wet - Too dry
            After that frost, all our crops would benefit from a sweet inch.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Too wet - Too dry
              After that frost, all our crops would benefit from a sweet inch.
              I hope you get your sweet inch but here that would be a bitter inch that would close the seeding window for most up here.

Comment

Weathertab longrange weather predicts 52% chance of showers tomorrow and then again end of next week.

Comment

0% here. Got 0.25 inch rain in a thunderstorm yesterday. Area is less than 5% seeded. Need to spray badly. Was one sprayer trying in the area yesterday before the rain. Still spring thrash out there in this region.

Comment

What a spring of extremes! Sounds like NOBODY is happy!
                    Is there a happy place, perfect seeding and germ???

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      What a spring of extremes! Sounds like NOBODY is happy!
                      Is there a happy place, perfect seeding and germ???
                      Pretty good here. Can't really bitch we were very wet but luckily minimal rain all spring

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        0% here. Got 0.25 inch rain in a thunderstorm yesterday. Area is less than 5% seeded. Need to spray badly. Was one sprayer trying in the area yesterday before the rain. Still spring thrash out there in this region.
                        Older farmers here were talking about years they didn't turn a wheel till after the long weekend. Unusual but not unheard of. Best of luck to those struggling to get going

Comment

Seems we are either ducking the clouds or ducking the frost or some other monster.

Comment

First seeded field..canola on wheat stubble..was wet and lumpy..now dried right out..zero germ..
                            Ugly thought...need a shower.biting tongue...

Seeding in MUD is a DUD...
                            Last edited by Partners; May 20, 2017, 21:04.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                              Pretty good here. Can't really bitch we were very wet but luckily minimal rain all spring
                              Just a hint where your area is, we are N of Wadena, N of Quill lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                                Older farmers here were talking about years they didn't turn a wheel till after the long weekend. Unusual but not unheard of. Best of luck to those struggling to get going
                                That would me ME...older no wiser farmer...worst case...
                                1974, late in May, needed to HARROW first, just to dry top a bit to pull cultivator, MUD and Water lots of guys stuck! Press drill days!
                                As luck would have it, a brand new Case 2470 saved our ASS, 2wd pulled SFA that spring.
                                So how did crop turn out mudded in late?
                                Froze in the fall, pepper canola, feed 50 lb wheat, yields SFA. Lets hope 2017 is NOT a repeat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...