• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dealing with vegans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealing with vegans

Just curious to know if there has been any activity in your areas from "the Save Movement"? This is a group of vegans that want to rid the world of farmed animals. They have been quite active here in Nova Scotia this past winter having accused the local auction barn of animal cruelity. They have since been at some small abattoirs claiming the same sort of thing. Their definition of cruelty is much different than what mine is. I would like to hear from folks that have experience in dealing with these folks and what was done to counteract the harassment?

Just online keyboard warriors. No groups have really made it out of cities here. Get the chatty ones around Stampede every year but no actual groups.

Which is fine with me, the ones online are hard enough to deal with and some of them actually take time to read replies and learn. In person they don't hear near as much.

Comment

Here is a link to one of our local newspapers which has the video they claim shows workers being cruel, leading them to submit a cruelty complaint to our Department of Agriculture. As of yet that is as far as it went.
      http://www.trurodaily.com/news/local/2017/2/23/abuse-complaint-lodged-against-animal-auction-facility.html

Comment

I wouldn't think that video will result in any charges being laid. Saying that unfortunately animal cruelty does still happen at some of these places and on farms and feedlots at times so as an industry I don't think we can claim to be whiter than white. In a way I think having the constant threat of having these activities highlighted in the public eye is a good thing.

Comment

I agree Grassfarmer that we are not perfect but with this particular group it is more than cruelty they are against, they don't want animals raised for food at all. I don't have a problem with somebody watching out for the animals but when they unjustly accuse somebody being heartless and having no feelings for the animals they raise is what frustrates me. When making accusations these these people don't face any liablility to do so and at the same time cause lots of hardship for the accused even when there is no grounds for the accusation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.