• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm auction prices on a runaway

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm auction prices on a runaway

these are two of the craziest ones I have saw to date :
    2004 top kick tandem , think 125,000 km , cim box sold at schapanksky sale in tisdale for a cool $105,000
    2005 CIH 2377 combine 1200 hrs , no pickup , no auto steer, no duals sold for $122,000 at a sask Richie bros sale
    wonder if these buyers had buyers remorse the next day , lol ?
    what are others seeing that is right out to lunch ?

Tandem trucks are legal at 450 bushels and for the same money you can have a super B and power unit and haul 25 percent of the loads....but what the **** do I know....

Comment

I can't figure out why anyone hauls grain with a tandem truck.

Comment

Compared to new or now compared to repairing something old in poor shape....maybe good simple used equipment will fetch a premium. Maybe the 2388 buyer wanted a basic, in today's standards, machine in good repair.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          I can't figure out why anyone hauls grain with a tandem truck.
          I haul my grain with a 1983 Ford 800 tandem with a 429 gas engine!!!!
          I paid $6500.00 for it, I put in plugs and wires, new fan belts, 2 tires, a clutch, and a water pump.
          It looks like welfare, that's why I like it so much. That truck makes me money every year.
          A diesel would be a real step up.

Comment

Hobby

How many bushels are you hauling on a load?

Comment

[QUOTE=hobbyfrmr;344010]I haul my grain with a 1983 Ford 800 tandem with a 429 gas engine!!!!
              I paid $6500.00 for it, I put in plugs and wires, new fan belts, 2 tires, a clutch, and a water pump.
              It looks like welfare, that's why I like it so much. That truck makes me money every year.
              A diesel would be a real step up.[

I guess you arent hauling as much with the orgasmic crops. ??

Comment

[QUOTE=bgmb;344019]
                Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                I haul my grain with a 1983 Ford 800 tandem with a 429 gas engine!!!!
                A diesel would be a real step up.[

I guess you arent hauling as much with the orgasmic crops. ??
                not many bushels but lots of $$$$$$

Comment

Hobby believes in doing less for more! He got out of commodity ag where we do more for less.

Apply the principle where you want. True in some aspects of the two methods and not others.

Comment

We still haul some with tandems , 3 miles , mostly bin botttoms and some when we can't get custom done . For us still cheaper than owning , fuel, tires , drivelines, licence, liability, and number one of all by far - time. Each to their own - nothing is free . Time isn't free any more unless you have no kids at home

Comment

Guys go orgasmic for tandems at sales. I don't really understand. One outfit here runs nothing but automatic tandems cause anyone can drive them but for most part anyone givin er farming is trailers and trains. Even for seeding guys are pretty well adapted to trailers. My jerkwater grain farming enterprise I have a 85' star and 73' crateliner cab over which I got for $5000 at a sale and is good for me. However, I don't see the logic spending $90000 on a 450 bu payload when you could buy a decent truck and trailer for way less. Heck even silage guys are going to semis and converted gravel endumps. You just gotta wonder when this tandem and 3 ton market will ever weaken.

Comment

I can zip in 5000 or more a day with one tandem if planned . With a pup close to 8,000 by myself if we have to . The two tandems we can clean bin bottoms and still get lots in if needed.
                        But that's ole school stuff , not for the big guys .
                        It all works out , each to their own. We are lucky to be close to 4 terminals if needed.

Comment

How about a 60 ft 685 JD cult for $40K .. today

Comment

We use an autoshift tandem at harvest and seeding. Grain to terminal with a tridem, sometimes help the tridem with tandem on winter weights....still hard to justify for distance.

Furrow...Tillage is the new management strategy....and vertical tillage tools are a retarded price. I don't know the last time we bought cultivator shovels....

Comment

First, I want to pray for anyone with a 429 Ford as they do not know the opposite which is a 427 GM.
                              I drove a few of each back in the day. Humorous memories and cheap gas. 20/1 GMs in the pits?
                              Last week auction $132,000 for a 2012 automatic, (not autoshift 18) (smaller IH) tandem. There are maybe operations with everything else paid for with lower acres for 1 combine and family labor. Will not criticize.
                              The apex I think are tridrive body jobs. Maybe with pup. Merely a last gasp of one trend long outdated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.