• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining

Having all sorts of fun

Be glad you don't have a foot of snow on top of it!

Comment

Looks like weather here wont allow it intil May. If much combining at all.

Comment

We have about 400 ac left of oats and wheat. White geese moved in by the 1000s, combining will be allot easier now.

Comment

That looks like paradise. We're at 195 days of snow that hasn't left. Can't even drive a quad through the spots the cows have spent much time. Weather man is calling for more white $hit on Friday yet. My friend was cleaning barley and I got him to do a bunch for me since it's looking like plan B "barley" might be the only option left whenever we get to seed.

I'm on the night shift dealing with dumb calves in the mud.... maybe that's why I'm coming across extra grumpy.

Comment

As I am sitting eating dinner looking out my window the snow we got this morning is just melting. Looks amazingly dry there and looks like it is going well where you are Klause. Travel in fields here in central Alberta not possible today.

Comment

Looks promising. I just gave up on towing and empty hay wagon across the highest point of a Stubble field with MFWD. Was getting close before all this rain and snow. I was able to drive the quad around and check the standing crop without getting stuck.

Comment

Spring harvesting must be terrible I feel for you guys. Never had to do it myself so I can't imagine getting ready to seed and trying to combine. Hope the weather cooperates.

Comment

Hard to believe you are 50 miles away, hardly quad in the fields here. Rain/snow chances all week. Minus 7 on Friday morning! It's is NOT drying/thawing at all!

Comment

Klause, is that yours? I thought you finished up last fall. What's the yield? I never ever dealt with that.

Comment

Its running 60bus/ac #1 im sure.

Comment

Best of luck. Canola prices are rising so thats good. haul straight to the crusher!

Comment

Originally posted by rockpile View Post
                          Klause, is that yours? I thought you finished up last fall. What's the yield? I never ever dealt with that.

No we didn't finish.... "just" some canola left of course it's the big cash crop. So it's kinda missing.

The half we took off covered our crop insurance level so this is lovely lol.

Yielding 28-32 samples we took in are a 1 with 2% damage.
                          It's about 47lns down from 51 last fall.

This is west of Humboldt. .. 4 miles west of Richardson Dixon and 12 south.

Still lots of low spots you can't get into but we figure may as well cut the dry areas

Comment

Comment

So what % do you figure you lost over winter 20-30% ? whats 47ins?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.