Changing seasons

Beef Production

Tools

Changing seasons

Apr 14, 2017 | 21:07 1 Moving a "load" of cows from their break-up season feeding ground.
Name:  IMG_3112.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  98.6 KB

To the banked grass calving ground. Thankful that we got our winter weather during the winter versus now. I guess were not out of the woods yet though.
Name:  IMG_3114.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  95.7 KB Reply With Quote
Apr 14, 2017 | 23:52 2 They look in great condition.....we tend to "bribe" our cows rather than chase as well.... Reply With Quote
Apr 15, 2017 | 08:39 3 Looking good Grass. Close to a foot here in NW sask. Bribing works out a lot better than chasing. Used to chase everything with horses and quads and dogs. Now we have a bribe up front and a dog and truck behind. Works a lot better most times. Keep em just walking and calm and there are less problems. Reply With Quote
Apr 15, 2017 | 11:16 4 Grass what are you using for stockpiled grazing and when was it last grazed? The cows loook great and I take it are due anytime. Cows are just like people, I prefer a " carrot " over a "stick" as well. Can't wait to see brown grass here again Reply With Quote
Apr 15, 2017 | 20:31 5 woodland, it was the previous owners hayland and is orchard grass, smooth and meadow brome plus alfalfa. It was grazed once last year in the second half of June. This year we'll graze it twice and graze some other pastures once to set them up for banked next spring. Cows have just started calving. Reply With Quote