• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP Randy Hoback: How Budget 2017 Proposes to Punish Farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP Randy Hoback: How Budget 2017 Proposes to Punish Farmers

This video was sent to us by MP Randy Hoback.

What a ****ing dumbass. We went from Diefenbaker to this. Is this proving that we are de-evolving?
    Last edited by Bootances; Mar 30, 2017, 23:49.

Comment

Hey Randy Hoback since your party transitioned us to an open market where are the following:

1. Public vessel reports?

2. Sales reports from graincos like they have in the states?

3. An adequate regulator on the railways that haven't moved a million tonnes a week since last August.

4. How did that fine on the railways work out ....Lisa raitt couldn't write the legislation properly to make the fine stick.

5. Do you know how much grain is traded on the Winnipeg exchange? And why don't Canadian grain cos use it?

6. Your government also gutted agristability to a worthless program so all the grow forward money is now supporting middlemen of the industry. ...it's listed at the bottom of most flyers ...funded by growing forward 2.

7. Weekly port price reports that are public so farmers can justify the basis calculations.?

Sure this deferral thing is a big deal but what have you been doing for a while .....hibernating?

If you couldn't make a fine stick against your railway friends while in government with a majority....what the **** can you guys do if they change the deferral method as the minority?

For many years I voted conservative only to find out when my farm needed leadership from the party I thought represented my interests and values it turned out you guys are a bunch of lapdogs for your masters.

Sending a video to agriville??

Why not start a dialogue here and get both sides to get a fair representation of issues?

It doesn't seem like you do much else lately along with your other conservative MPs.

Engage in discussion ....you have time....
      Last edited by bucket; Mar 31, 2017, 08:34.

Comment

It would be nice to see the opposition fight the Liberals on the deferral issue.
        It's a tool I don't want to lose which is used to even out income from year to year.

Another huge issue is the Liberals careless plan for imposing a carbon tax which would make us uncompetitive with the US and Australia.
        This would make our fertilizer, fuel, electricity, and all costs increase dramatically.

The budget also states it is reviewing the income paid by corporations in the form of dividends, etc.....something to watch.

Comment

If you look at the land appreciaton over the last few years then the age of farmers.....there is huge windfall for governments to change the capital gains tax method.

Have to be vigilant on that as well...but I leave that to farm groups paid to watch out for changes.....or the opposition to wake up...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            If you look at the land appreciaton over the last few years then the age of farmers.....there is huge windfall for governments to change the capital gains tax method.
            Solid point, it was mentioned in federal budget to "review" capital gains tax rates.

Very concerning for senior citizens.

Comment

Farma, you said leave it to farm groups paid to watch over this. Havent heard a word from any group except Orb saying increased farm taxes were quite fair. He must be getting ready to run provincially or federally. Apas is still silent. I guess we are getting what we paid for.

Comment

Sorry, guess that was Bucket said that.

Comment

I thought farmers on agriville had no income?

Comment

Mr Hoback. Two possibilities for the cwb
                    Either make it truly a large competitive organized wheat group with market power for higher prices and more timely responsive payouts.
                    Or get rid of it but do so with some controls on the grain cos and railways
                    So that we don't have the destruction of not only our wheat system grading etc but closures of terminals farther to haul no price transparency, all the blending benifits we farmers do not receive.

Why are you not talking about those problems?
                    Last edited by the big wheel; Apr 2, 2017, 06:30. Reason: Spelll

Comment

What am I missing? Randy talks about Delivery mid Dec, just don't cash your elev receipt until after Jan 1st. Checks are dated on date made out not delivery date, therefore would be income next year, right? You have 90 days from date of delivery to cash your check and still be covered by CGC bonds. For what ever good bonds are worth these days CGC doesn't make sure bonds are big enough to cover liabilities, it seems. ( Nabor Seeds) Even tho it is there job under ACT.

What about the guys that want/need the income before year end so have contracted grain for Nov/Dec delivery. CPC gave elev the right to refuse del for 3 months after contract with no penalty. The 3 months interest you would lose paying suppliers or payments that are in arrears would off set tax.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...