• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazilian Spoiled beef scandal

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazilian Spoiled beef scandal

Been reading about spoiled beef being shipped out of Brazil world wide. Apparently China has banned imports for now and buyers around the world are scrambling for supplies.
    Australia has no extra big supplies as they are in rebuilding mode. USA still not banning but Canada is.
    I wonder how closely our 2 Brazilian owned plants are being monitered
    Any thoughts about this out there?

Another meat industry scandal - seems to be par for the course in this sector for some reason. From what I understand a chicken processing company is the one causing most concern in Brazil rather than beef. On the beef side they got caught out for sure - but the damage is done, things will be put right and longterm it won't have a big impact. Scottish fat cattle have had a little price bump as a result, likely replacing some Brazilian imports in the EU.
    I would assume CFIA don't take bribes and are monitoring things to a higher standard at Brooks particularly given the history of that plant during the Nilsson era!

Speaking of Nilssons I see them advertising wanting bison "for Lacombe" - do they have an involvement with the Canadian Premium plant in Lacombe now? Last I heard it was One Earth running that with Cantriex/Saretsky involvement.

Comment

Don't know if it's true but I heard cfia doesn't check imports to canada they rely on inspections from exporting country. Can anyone confirm this.

Comment

China, Egypt and Chile lifted their bans on Brazilian beef already. Storm in a tea cup - will soon blow over seemingly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.