• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

180ft sprayer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180ft sprayer

Wow I came across this. 180ft sprayer with 2100us gal tank...from Europe. Eye opener for me.

http://sprayers101.com/agrifac-condor-a-wake-up-call-for-north-american-sprayer-manufacturers/

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
    Wow I came across this. 180ft sprayer with 2100us gal tank...from Europe. Eye opener for me.

http://sprayers101.com/agrifac-condor-a-wake-up-call-for-north-american-sprayer-manufacturers/

Advanced booms. Power control system. Auto boom controls that make anything in na look like junk. Being able to program in how many l of chemical and water to suck in. Chemical injectors. And not needing anything but tanks and hoses on the tender.
    And so quiet and smooth it's like driving an audi down the interstate.

Comment

A friend of mine from South of Brandon bought one for their farm. Will be interesting to hear how they make out with it.

Comment

I didn't read the link yet. Where in Europe is it from?(like the "Versatile" combine...). Parts, service, support? Who here could use a 180 foot sprayer? I bet it wouldn't fit between some obstacles in the fields, bushes, powerpoles, fences or what ever. A sprayer for large tracts of corner to corner wide open land.

Chem injection....the blanket applied primary herbicide shouldn't be a problem but unless the sprayer has a second precharged boom for the second spot sprayed herbicide.....if its manually controlled is lead time enough to have it applied on the right spot...or prescription herbicide application maps.....? Really, I doubt it. But if the second applied herbicide is injected and applied with the same boom as the primary herbicide it would never be applied on the right spot by the time it was signaled to inject and reach the tips....

How is the second applied herbicide actually applied?
        Are you limited to single component products?

Just more junk to break down or maintain
        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 19, 2017, 21:50.

Comment

There would be some great efficencies with 180 ft booms.
          How many quarter sections is this sprayer valued at? Before filling it with fuel, and chemical?
          Is it Input Capital Corp approved?

Comment

We looked at that sprayer its got some features that are nice some that are so so. The boom is nice. Parts would and service would be interesting as every company every piece of equipment breaks down.

New deere we use is 1600 gal tank and 120 ft booms with two sets tires and pinpoint will do the job just fine. better built than the old one with same tank and similar size boom. no pinpoint on that one.

Parts service and excellent warranty.

Comment

Efficiencies in the right kind of land. Tom Wolf(Sprayer Guru) claims efficiency gains should now come from fill times(pit crew kind of stuff). He thinks speed and boom size are kind of maxed out. We only have a 100 foot sprayer with a 1000 gallon tank and "crawl" around the field around 10-12 mph. And use more water than alot of people would think is necessary to do the same job with less. We aren't huge farmers or custom operators so.... And even with the way we operate it we can spend more in a day than is comfortable when you think about it. In fact in farming I don't think there is a quicker way to burn through money on inputs than with a sprayer.

The most entertaining thing to watch regarding some guys spraying is the Formula One race...

Comment

SF3.....do you fill that 1600 gallon tank to capacity in boggy conditions? Like in crop herby or fungy time with skinnies on?

Comment

Yes because after the first round the field its down quite a bit then a few quick passes and your safe to travel. Yes some times you sink it to the frame. But most you don't.

new one has bigger skinnies to help stay a float.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    We looked at that sprayer its got some features that are nice some that are so so. The boom is nice. Parts would and service would be interesting as every company every piece of equipment breaks down.

New deere we use is 1600 gal tank and 120 ft booms with two sets tires and pinpoint will do the job just fine. better built than the old one with same tank and similar size boom. no pinpoint on that one.

When did JD get a 1600gallon tank? Is that a prototype that they are working on?

Comment

No take a brand new sprayer take tank off go to saskatoon with tank and add extra with baffles and get rid of all the shit deere added to top of tank. Put back on sprayer.

Drop deere warranty and ger through a third party.

Ah if a company doesn't create what you want then change it to what you really need.

third one.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

is that pinpoint really a $50k option, had heard that?

Comment

Ill keep the apache thanks was spraying with the skinnys on 1200gal right across from a deer. His ruts insane mine virtually non existant. Im lighter full to brim than he is empty. Got stuck once last year at midnight, the 5 mile walk in pitch dark was interesting.

Comment

I'm not against new technology but this Pinpoint, Hawkeye, Aim Command, Capstan.... all expensive options, lots of electronics, wires and solenoids. Maybe the basic High Clearance Sprayer has been "perfected" now it's time to add the junk. Nothing worse than sitting on the edge of the field ****ing with "technology" when you could be out there getting the job done "the old way".

****, even hard to keep up to the "new and better monitors and programs" on all the equipment. Probably not even as powerful as your laptop and paying for proprietary software. License to steal!

Maybe I'm just too old!

Comment

I couldn't even put Raven's Hawkeye($30,000???) on my 2014 Rogator without upgrading my Viper Pro monitor to the new Viper 4+($8000) with the Linux operating system.

Pricey and hard to keep up. What we have is working.... why fix it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.