• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God Made A Farmer. My Favourite SuperBowl Ad. The rest of the story.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Made A Farmer. My Favourite SuperBowl Ad. The rest of the story.

Four years ago, we had one of the best days a person could have...our Farms.com team was working with RAM Trucks doing the online marketing for the "God Made A Farmer" SuperBowl Ad.

Here is a little back ground on the rest of the story if you are interested.
    [URL="http://advertising.farms.com/pdf/farms_ram_case_study.pdf"]http://advertising.farms.com/pdf/farms_ram_case_study.pdf
    [/URL]

Joe

Clever title. Always used to look forward to "the rest of the story" at noon on the radio.

Comment

I love the Paul Harvey God Made A Farmer video.
      I tear up when I think of family while listening to this.
      God Bless farmers.

Comment

Liked the add, believe I had seen it before. I definitely miss Paul Harvey's The Rest of The Story, his son carried on for a bit but haven't heard him for quite a while either is he still going?

Not too many people in the world with a voice like that.

The words must be a digital u tube thing or something, they aren't quite right.

I particularly like the line about staying up all night with a colt and having it die anyhow. I can't tell you how many times i've doctored animals knowing the outcome won't be good but you just gotta try. Not sure if that is compassion, optimism or stupidity.

Comment

One of the best ads ever

Comment

I guess I am going to get negative here.... that's the romaticized version of farming from years gone by. The new version would still take the same level of commitment, dedication, sacrifice, and love for it because no ordinary person would subject themselves to the untold "rest of the story".

Farming is a tough gig, which is made clear in Paul Harvey's commentary.
            I loathe the disrespect we receive from Indusrty!
            Thank goodness the steriotypical images and notions of what a farmer represented from the past(I chose to leave out the descriptions as to not perpetuate them) are no longer valid. Sophosticated, educated, wise, common sense, hard working, determined, strong willed, and many more positive attributes woven together that becomes the cloth we are cut from.

Business relationships should be based on a symbiotic host/parasite relationship....not antipathetic symbiotic relationship where one benefits at an unjust cost to the other. Respect is reciprocated when received!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I guess I am going to get negative here.... that's the romaticized version of farming from years gone by. The new version would still take the same level of commitment, dedication, sacrifice, and love for it because no ordinary person would subject themselves to the untold "rest of the story".

Farming is a tough gig, which is made clear in Paul Harvey's commentary.
              I loathe the disrespect we receive from Indusrty!
              Thank goodness the steriotypical images and notions of what a farmer represented from the past(I chose to leave out the descriptions as to not perpetuate them) are no longer valid. Sophosticated, educated, wise, common sense, hard working, determined, strong willed, and many more positive attributes woven together that becomes the cloth we are cut from.

Business relationships should be based on a symbiotic host/parasite relationship....not antipathetic symbiotic relationship where one benefits at an unjust cost to the other. Respect is reciprocated when received!
              Totally Brilliant marketing. The price of Corn in the USA went over $6.00/bu, soybeans over $12.00/bushel before Christmas that year. Farmers had more money than they did in the past 20 years. We all know what farmers do if they make a dollar. They spend 5. They (FIAT, I think), paid for the most familiar and respected voice In three generations of farmers/ranchers. I bet FIAT sold a lot of RAM trucks and Case farm machinery from that super bowl add.
              There must be a graph or chart about this somewhere. Totally brilliant. Look at the crop prices on the date this advertisement aired..... and now you know...the rest of the story.
              Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Feb 6, 2017, 22:17.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.