• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cow costs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cow costs

I'm looking to find out information on average costs related to keeping beef cows for a year. Roughly how much does it cost to keep a cow for a year including feed, pasture, yardage, etc.?

Royban you can get some provincial data (Alberta) from the following [URL="http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/economic/product/beef/index.html"] webpage. [/URL] This page has the province broke down by eco climatic regions. Follow the map to get you best location. The problem with survey work is the numbers are limited. There is as much variation amongst eco regions as there is amongst provinces as there is amongst neighbors. If I was going to do a little pencil farming I would start with the provincial numbers and adjust accordingly. If you already have records and would like to do you own, contact Jason Kotowich at the Production Economics Branch of ALberta Agriculture at 780-422-3086. If you can wait a while, there will be a software package available called CowProfit$ that will allow you to enter in your own financial ,production and inventory information to calcualte a cost of production. That software should be available the end of March first of April from the Homestudy Branch of Alberta Agriculture. If you have any questions drop an email or continue the discussion on this threaded web page.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.