• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Storage Buildings experience?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Storage Buildings experience?

Has anybody built one of these? How do they hold up?

Originally posted by dalek View Post
    Has anybody built one of these? How do they hold up?
    Look like the old coverall buildings in used to be in sask . Most blew away or snow killed them. They ran into trouble , i think ? Goodon outta manitoba will build you a pole shed thattl last your lifetime. For not much more

Comment

If they're what casih says they are.....wouldn't that be like comparing grain bags to hopper bins? They may have a use and serve a purpose but.....

Comment

Same thoughts, tin vs tarp. Tin every time

Comment

Goodon will build a beautiful 120x80 pole shed in three days flat from start to finish. Hard to beat.

Comment

http://integritypoststructures.com

I have heard good things about integrity buildings as well

Comment

Could not complain about mine until my son and friends built a big bomb fire close to it one night and left the roof pickled with holes from sparks.

Comment

Got our 2 post building from Wood Country in Tisdale..
                They took a week to build the each shed.
                Cost was 500 less for each shed.compared to Goodon..plus built stronger.

Comment

Have built both in my time. By far the best workmanship and reasonable price were Strayt A out of Balcarres, Sask. Built a 40x80 pole shed in 2000 and a 32x64 in 2009. Very good crew in fact the same crew built both. Both as good as day they were built.
                  I also built a tarp shed for a calving barn in 2006 on a 6ft pony wall. Came from a guy at Outlook. He put it up as well as another one a mile away.Still as good as the day they were put up. as long as you make sure you keep the roof tight it will last a very long time.
                  Last experience put up a 30 x 40 el cheapo Ritchie Bros. chinese shed this year well the doors ripped off already. If it makes 2 years i will be surprised. I guess at least i have the frame and the local tarp shop will sew me a proper one.

Comment

If you were to go camping... Would you rather stay in a tent or a trailer?
                    Same logic applies to buildings.

Comment

We got an integrity building built about 5 yrs back. The precast concrete posts is why I chose them. So far been 100% happy with the building. It looks really big when it's empty and not so much when it's full...one of the best decisions ever tho. Have not had to beat snow and ice off the trailer tarps since.

Comment

Does any one build the Quonset, steel curvet type, Behlen, style any more?

What is the cost difference? Foundation, concrete cost would be part of the final set up costs.

Comment

We have quonsets and pole sheds and sheds build with 2x6 walls all have a purpose. This summer we built a cheaper version of canvas shed. I needed quick storage for some stuff will tell outcome in spring. It has snow load etc.

We did price out a 240 x 80 coverall type shed. Last summer at Ag in motion. you need piles and it had bifolding doors at either end. Cost a little less than a Goodon but just a different shed. We wanted something for Drills and combines and tractors. Then take our big shed thats 2x6 and concrete and make it a new heated shop. Still haven't signed the papers but maybe might still build.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160726_135319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	765280

you mean like this, suppose a finished picture would be be helpful 68 by 150 on 4 foot stem walls 25 and 15 by 18.6 roll up doors with electric openers on each end . removable pole giving you the option of a 40 by 18.6 . 2 rows of led lights inside ,great light highly recommend.
                            Very similiar in price to integrity if bought on the winter prebook. Will be here long after Im not.

Comment

Or build something that doesn't rot that will be there for many many generations. Precast concrete walls. Behlen roof going on it right now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.