• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Council's 2016 Canola Performance Trials Data Available Online.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Council's 2016 Canola Performance Trials Data Available Online.

Is this data of any value? What was your best canola hybrid this year?

2016 CPT small plot data posted!
    Small plot data from the 2016 Canola Performance Trials (CPT) are now available in the searchable database on the CPT website and in the 2016 CPT small plot data booklet!

[URL="http://canolaperformancetrials.ca/"]http://canolaperformancetrials.ca/[/URL]

Check out the short-, mid- and long-season zone averages of yield, height, lodging and days to maturity for a number of varieties in the booklet. If you want to see results from a specific location, use filters in the CPT website database to display individual site data. Using the new functions of the CPT database, you can also do head-to-head comparisons of yield, height, lodging and days to maturity data between two varieties grown at the same locations across western Canada.

The 2016 field scale data will be added to the website as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can search the database for field scale data from the last 5 years (2011-2015). The final CPT booklet including both small plot and field scale data will be posted to the CPT website when available.
    Canola Performance Trials (CPT) represent the next generation in variety evaluation for Western Canadian canola growers. The three Prairie canola grower groups – Alberta Canola Producers Commission, Saskatchewan Canola Development Commission (SaskCanola) and the Manitoba Canola Growers Association – fund the program. The Canola Council of Canada delivers the program on their behalf.

Cool, money well spent for most seed sold a month ago.

No 75 series Dekalb, no Pioneer. Wow, this is so useful.
    Last edited by tweety; Nov 27, 2016, 15:04.

Comment

Mid season zone, 57 - 65 bpa range.

At those yields, not to make truck loads of money with any of the listed varieties.

Comment

Anyone else find it curious farmers trust the CPT data but not the Seed company data - yet the CPT is all based on seed company data?

Comment

Id like to see side by side comparisons of old varieties from the 1990's vs the latest varieties costing $700/bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            Mid season zone, 57 - 65 bpa range.

At those yields, not to make truck loads of money with any of the listed varieties.
            50 bpa and I'm foot loose. That is what I usually get with beans.

Comment

Bean yields were in as much as 10 bu more per acre in my area this year. Many farmers probably wont even look at those canola results, the bean seed is already booked for next spring.

Comment

Yea Beans did very well in our area also. Im thinking peas and lentils will drop in acreage and the new rotation could soon be 3000 beans 3500 wheat and 3500 canola. On the thousand acre trial our Pioneer did on average 5 to 7 less than our L252 thats quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  Id like to see side by side comparisons of old varieties from the 1990's vs the latest varieties costing $700/bag.
                  It would be good for farmers to see how much blackleg, root maggots, clubroot, and alternaria have progressed since the 90's.

But since net is what you're after, it would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by AgrivilleAdmin View Post
                    Is this data of any value?
                    This data is of no value.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Yea Beans did very well in our area also. Im thinking peas and lentils will drop in acreage and the new rotation could soon be 3000 beans 3500 wheat and 3500 canola. On the thousand acre trial our Pioneer did on average 5 to 7 less than our L252 thats quite a bit.
                      Just Curious, was that trial straight cut vs swathed. Did the yield loss come from the shelling in the straight cut canola? It's hard to beat L252 in my neck of the woods too.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        It would be good for farmers to see how much blackleg, root maggots, clubroot, and alternaria have progressed since the 90's.

But since net is what you're after, it would be interesting
                        There was no clubroot in the 90's. And disease pressure on average was far less in the 90's than this past year.

Comment

I just wonder , if canola crops were such high yielding, and we were told in the spring it didn't even matter what Canada did, and there were no real other wrecks out of the ordinary , then why is canola going up so much ???
                          I too, would like to see a side by side trial with the old varieties before the gmo's . what do you think , CANOLA COUNCIL .?...
                          I think we would find out who has been bullshitting who

Comment

Canola council doesn't do any trials. None. Zero.

Comment

I really don't understand why they need the participation of the seed companies. Buy a bag of each brand of seed and put it in the ground in several locations across the prairies.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.