• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusaium bullshit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusaium bullshit

Hauling bag in same field 0% to as high 2.5 % I hate wheat some days.

Surprise...sigh! And I bet there is no mention of it by the buyer or guilt applied.

Comment

None what so ever lol

Comment

I like to stand over the guy doing the picking. Its only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          I like to stand over the guy doing the picking. Its only fair.
          No need to stand over but do advise that you have a look at his pick to confirm his results. Also pay attention to how he is maintaining the representation of your sample accurately. Using prescribed procedures in assessing. But you have to know those procedures and what is to be assessed as the factor being assessed.

When you cash a check at the bank you watch to make sure teller counts correctly and alert them if not. Make them reassess and you don't step back until you get every penny (nickel). Your grain is your pay check why is the elev any diff than the teller?

Comment

Always check and question results if not satisfied. We had one load that was very high fuzz.compared to previous loads.RP opened the sample bag to find dockage at 6% which all of ours is under 1%.so it was a mistake by someone.wrong sample in our name.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              Always check and question results if not satisfied. We had one load that was very high fuzz.compared to previous loads.RP opened the sample bag to find dockage at 6% which all of ours is under 1%.so it was a mistake by someone.wrong sample in our name.
              So much wrong with that scenario! Yet all too common. Just 1 of the human errors and inconsistencies that happen and no way of proving or monitoring.

Comment

Its very inexpensive to send a sample from every bin to SGS and CGC. Then you know what you have.

Comment

Au contraire my dear sumdumguy....it will only be a guide for you to know what you have.... the only sample to them that matters is the one taken at the probe and not even out the bottom of the trailer.... not even a probed sample, in my opinion would be as accurate.
                  Things can change in the bin.... ya ya ya I know, they don't need anymore ammunition.

Comment

Bags are hard because they don't blend even a little bit like a bin does when you draw out of it. If parts of your field had higher fus than others (usually happens) them parts of the bag are going to be higher.

Same with ergot and even moisture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...