• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election effect

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election effect

I see prices are down again this week at the auction marts. I wonder if the shenanigans down south are having an effect on the markets. My brother spends a lot of time trucking down there and he tells me businesses in general are on some kind of holding pattern waiting to see how it goes. He says nobody wants to expand or invest until they know what will happen in November.

I think you might be right.

I was talking to a good friend in St Louis involved in agriculture about the election and economy.

A lot of people are confronted by a damned if I do and damned if I don't situation.

Traditionally Republican - he is finding it difficult to vote for Trump but does not like Clinton and thinks they need change in DC.

People are confused and hopefully after the election, that will get back to business and life.

Comment

I think so Kato - it just doesn't make sense to me how bad the market is given the fundamentals of supply and the demand for beef at store level plus the cost of feed. One issue I hear of is that the packers in Western Canada are not giving out any contracts for fed cattle next spring and that means the feedlots can't get the money they need from the banks to buy the cattle.
      I'd like to think once the US election is over things look a little brighter because with the fundamentals we have now I don't see why cattle prices should be so low, or that they should keep on spiralling lower for 2 or 3 years yet as some are predicting.

Comment

This election was the only reason I purchased CPIP in the spring. I thought it might add uncertainty this fall. That was even before the candidates were named. I think it should straighten out after November 8th but I don't think it is going to move up, just stabilize a bit.

Comment

trudau trip to the HAT BY ELCTION ?
          DID SUGOMOTO LBERL CANDIDAAT PAID HIM TO COME DOWN ?
          DID NO GOO ! COSERVATIVE WON BIG 72 %
          LIKE TO FIND OUT WE AS TAXPAYER PAID FOR PM TRUDAU EXENCIVE TRIP ??? TO SOUTH AB

Comment

Originally posted by ag-boy View Post
            trudau trip to the hat by elction ?
            Did sugomoto lberl candidaat paid him to come down ?
            Did no goo ! Coservative won big 72 %
            like to find out we as taxpayer paid for pm trudau exencive trip ??? To south ab
            sorry for all spell mistake ! Hoop got your attt

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.