• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance comparisons by province ? happyfarmer and others .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance comparisons by province ? happyfarmer and others .

happyfarmers comment a while back that sask customers were paying more for less got me thinking and checking ? I must say I wasn't sure exactly where we were at ? anyways it would be interesting to compare provinces if people wouldn't mind divulging that info . I checked our canola coverage and it runs about $435/ac for $9.70 premium . to bad we have $395 /ac into it without machinery costs , lol. our IP canola is close to $400 /ac coverage for $11.25/ac premium . sure nice to fall back on when you get kicked in the nuts with 3 feet of rain like this year. anyone from other provinces , or here , care to comment ?

... $395/acre into it without machinery costs.....

Break that down for me please.

Comment

What coverage levels are you at?
      80% coverage
      $313.00 canola
      $21.00 premium here,

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        What coverage levels are you at?
        80% coverage
        $313.00 canola
        $21.00 premium here,
        80% , 50% premium discount
        where are you at ?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          ... $395/acre into it without machinery costs.....

Break that down for me please.
          I will get exact numbers later but I just roughly. done it in my head , might be a bit high ? includes rent , nh3 and app in fall ( not this fall tho) then we float 200#'s of fines and pay for floating then put phos and potash and more N throgh drill , total blend 140-40-10-48. then the seed with lumiderm is close to $70 . weed spray , fungicide ,roundup in fall and spring burn off , bug spray , spraying , fuel etc . was taking into acct some usage of machinery ($5 /ac spraying.) I guess , but not parts , purchasing of machinery etc. . has worked well for us and have a really good long term average on yield

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            80% , 50% premium discount
            where are you at ?
            Soggy sask

Comment

Close proximity growing/production comparison would be nice. Say equal type farms at Mantario and Oyen.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                happyfarmers comment a while back that sask customers were paying more for less got me thinking and checking ? I must say I wasn't sure exactly where we were at ? anyways it would be interesting to compare provinces if people wouldn't mind divulging that info . I checked our canola coverage and it runs about $435/ac for $9.70 premium . to bad we have $395 /ac into it without machinery costs , lol. our IP canola is close to $400 /ac coverage for $11.25/ac premium . sure nice to fall back on when you get kicked in the nuts with 3 feet of rain like this year. anyone from other provinces , or here , care to comment ?
                I guess i stand corrected Case. I understood Sask was worse coverage,,,guess I was wrong. I just checked mine. Across B to D land average is $421 coverage at 8.12/acre. Thats at 80 % coverage

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.