• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire feeders?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire feeders?

I'm needing to add bunk space and the big oilfield pipe feeders we normally buy have got real expensive. Someone told me the used pipe had doubled in price over the last year due to slow down in the oil patch. Has anyone experience of using the turned out tractor tires for feeding silage in out on the pasture? I guess they'd take longer to move around than 30' bunks but do the cows keep their feet out of them and how many cows can you get around each tire?

Never used a tire feeder, but don't see why they wouldn't work. I have lost a couple of cows with bunk feeders....don't use them anymore...due to cows head bunting one standing parallel to the bunk....and of coarse, was always one of the better ones.

Comment

Funny enough when I Googled tire feeders I see quite a few with dead cows and dead horses in them. Tires that haven't been turned outside in seem to be the worst. I've had a couple of small cows/heifers tipped into a bunk feeder over the years but luckily have been there to rescue them. Usually happens when I'm filling the bunks and not afterwards.
      Have located some used bunks coming up for sale so will stick with what I know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...