• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining peas

A bit dusty......

How are they turning out?

The crop we shoulda grown..... But instead we have some 5 dollar wheat to combine....

Comment

I bet your using your windshield wipers.

Comment

pea yields around here are poor, you'll be glad you sowed wht.

Comment

wheat around here looks like shit , dosed up realbad and sprayed with fungicide . most peas are garbage

Comment

Guys just getting going in spring wht. around here, we were what i consider very wet all summer around here, but the winter wht. yields here were great and virtually disease free ( fusarium ) quite amazing really. Protien on spring wht. on the few samples that have gone to terminal are around 15 protien

Comment

Windshield wipers don't clean a big enough area off.....dry wipe every second hopper full or so. Wind direction helps but the dust is just bellowing out the feeder house.

They are yielding very well(If I'm allowed to say that) for the Slum of the Ghetto. I will calculate yield when they're done.....I don't properly calibrate the yield monitor and frankly don't give a shit....priority is getting them in the bin....the rest is just "clutter"! They will undoubtedly be the best I've grown.....only about half done....terribly slow going....you can plug the table auger or the feeder house if you don't watch what you are doing.....they were waist high...lots of material being put through.....

Comment

Dusty shitty and I need a big hammer in the shop to hit me on the head every time I decide to grow them again. First field diseased out since spring and flooded so so bad. Water mud and peas. Tomorrow I'll right that on our combines.

Comment

Peas sprayed with reglone ??
                  Our peas with reglone much worse than r up , but not terrible

Just watch beach volley ball , forget the peas !! Lol

Comment

started peas today yield is very good but some are lodged bad slow going doing about 60

Comment

Yup all "Diquated"...lol. They never really were diseased that bad....

Blew out the combine engine air filter.... dust had a dark green tinge to it.

Comment

SF3..... that was "Air Brushed" on with the air hose. Had to reduce the pressure!

I should get a big Stihl leaf blower...maybe get most of it off....what a mess. I hate washing combines... Only use air in the fall for final clean-up. Combine still "looks" dirty but a mouse would probably starve to death over the winter.

Comment

Was going ok till more rain / t storms

Did our pea fungicide trial on this field yesterday
                          Check 51 bus /AC
                          Priaxor 55 bus / AC
                          Priaxor and 1/2 ltr Ligno humate 59.3
                          Kuglar 178 C , no fungicide 58
                          178 C and lingo 62
                          Just all side by side with weigh wagon , not replicated but have anouther field with same set up - if we don't get hailed out tonight
                          Neighbors south east of us had 30 ish % hailed out a few nights ago , sucks , combine today - so close yet so far .

Comment

Combining peas like workin for a union - work 3 days a week , short work days , piss and moan about work conditions lol

Comment

One other yield test ......

For those who say spray drift don't do much - lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.