• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biodegradable Net Wrap

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biodegradable Net Wrap

Does it exist? Won't use regular wrap so have been stuck with sisal. It would seem that biodegradable wrap would be the ultimate.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/high-school-students-invent-a-bio-friendly-hay-bale-wrap-1.2896558

Comment

Thanks Sean. It looks like the students wrap would be a substitute for plastic wrap. I wonder if they will be able to come up with a net wrap type. It would be great if they could.
      Don't think I will start holding my breath yet.

Comment

Think there is a net wrap already. Thought it was developed by a group of UK students. Market development is still in its infancy.

Comment

You would think a little hook that would grab hay and spin...making a twine as you go....when you are trying to untangle hay around a spindle or shaft...it seems unbreakable.
          Hemp....something...anything!!! Nothing more maddening than trying to take twine off in winter.....that's why I try to do in fall...and this year in bales grazing, never did put twine on...just used a baler as a buncher.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.