• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few pictures

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pictures

To celebrate the miracle of nature. We went from the potential of bad drought to a luxurious abundance of forage in a little over 3 weeks. I hope others are having as much good fortune.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	777221
    The last of our calving pasture got away from us

Name:	feed fence.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	777222
    At the feed fence - daily moo-ves.

Name:	After.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	777223
    The morning after

Name:	Later.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	777224
    17 day regrowth

Name:	calves in a corner.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	777225
    A corner of calves

Grass not as tall as yours...but we certainly have some....one day thinking where to send cows to haven't even used the pastures I've got.....

Comment

Nice. Some rain here really made things come alive a week after we had implemented step 1 of our drought plan and sold some cull cows. Now we are pretty well set up for the year and looks like we may be haying some pasture ground.

Comment

Yeah, we did the same - arranged to send some steers away to custom grazing. By the time we got around to trucking them we had to wait for the yard to dry up! Oh well I guess it wasn't a big "mistake" in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
          Joe Dales

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...