• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more day

Just a note, there is one more day left (Tuesday) to purchase price insurance on your calves through WLPIP. It might be worth looking at, particularly given the recent strength in oil and the turmoil (election) in the US of A.
    I don't think it works particularly well for those of us that calve later, but it does provide some downside protection.

So how did it work for guys that backgrounded their calves this winter? Did they get a big payout with the dropping values? We didn't purchase any and maybe should have, previous year we bought it and have never got a cent from it.

Comment

My understanding is that the calf price paid out pretty well last fall. We never had any coverage.
      This turn around the US election makes me nervous as well as the direction of the cattle cycle.

Comment

We bought it this year. Just for peace of mind as much as anything.

Comment

Last day offered is today. My thinking is with the US election and some other trading factors we should expect some major volatility through the fall. Our calves are pretty dependent upon the US vs. Cdn $. If someone wins the US$ may move downward for a period of time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.