• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DO YOU REMEMBER ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO YOU REMEMBER ?

I know I will never forget what happened 13 years ago !!

it's burned in my memory. What a terrible day that was.

Comment

Remember where and when...and who told me...nasty...will never recover from loses. Wonder where the class action has gone too.....???

Comment

Our family was standing outside the lawyers office after my brother and I who were just 20 at the time finished signing the papers to purchase the neighbors farm. I have to think when my wedding day was but not that date....

Comment

I heard via email and radio that day. We were lucky and had sold our calves on the 12th of May. Most vivid memory is marketing our calves the next year as the set aside program was in full swing. We drove our total costs down under $500 per cow for the next decade and missed a full cycle of profitability, but we learned a pile. Thank God for drought in 2002 as we were fully devoid of any old or poorer cows when 2003 rolled around. I bought some pairs in November of 2003 for $1100, and still missed the bottom of the market.

Comment

I was working at the vet clinic and we got the news straight from the CCIA. Fast. They called us almost immediately. It wasnt on the news yet.

I got on the phone and called my husband. He already knew. Thats how fast it all happened. He was at the auction mart when the news hit. And hit it did! The phones started ringing in the front row, the auctioneer announced the border is closed, the calf that was physically in the ring went home again, as did all the other unsold cattle. Within minutes they had all packed up and walked out. Lots of them spent the day stopping trucks that were in transit to the border.

What a mess. I wonder if we would have still had the fortitude to stick it out like we did if we knew then just how long the tough times would last.

Comment

I was working at the vet clinic and we got the news straight from the CCIA. Fast. They called us almost immediately. It wasnt on the news yet.

I got on the phone and called my husband. He already knew. Thats how fast it all happened. He was at the auction mart when the news hit. And hit it did! The phones started ringing in the front row, the auctioneer announced the border is closed, the calf that was physically in the ring went home again, as did all the other unsold cattle. Within minutes they had all packed up and walked out. Lots of them spent the day stopping trucks that were in transit to the border.

What a mess. I wonder if we would have still had the fortitude to stick it out like we did if we knew then just how long the tough times would last.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.