• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Saudi FEED Barley, WHO PAYS?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Saudi FEED Barley, WHO PAYS?

Charlie;

A strange thing happened to me on the way to the elevator...

When I got there, it was full...

Only a couple of hundred cars short... for hours, then days, now weeks?

A CWB ship scheduled did not keep the appointed berth time in Vancouver, for the CWB First week OCT Feed Barley shipment... WHY?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE REAL REASON, OR JUST THE EXCUSES WHICH ARE...

OOPS... I can feel my final payment shrinking... scheduled elevator space shrinking... NOW I SPEND time hauling hundreds of miles extra... to meet my contracted delivery commitments... I know who pays... shattered barley on the ground... Canola piles on the ground...(NOT MINE but piles for some none the less) how did this happen?

SO scheduled contracts to "BIG" elevators in now more risky...

My fuel gauge says the tendering battle is obviously not over... little elevators seem to still get "their" cars!

I will leave for discussion.

A comment is that it is not the CWB or the Saudi that arrange ocean freight. It is one of the accredited exporters that serve this role. From there, you have to look at the terms of the contract.

On the tendering issue, perhaps the problem with the current system isn't elevator to terminal. Maybe the issue is farm gate to elevator. The CWB has contract calls that load the elevator up with grain that has been sold. Things like this happen and the system gums up. The CWB has control over contract calls but takes no responsibility for the impact on inventory management at elevators.

Perhaps it should be the grain company that has the relationship with the farmer/understanding of how best to handle capacity at their facility. The elevator system could be used the way they were meant to - high through handling facilities that maximize through put versus a storage facility that builds inventory in anticipation of a sale.

Comment

Charlie;

I think this shipment was directly responsible to the CWB, a direct hit sale, with CWB responsible for ocean freight from all indications I have seen.

It was to go through Cascadia without a kernel going into storage, from what my sources indicated, can you research this a little?

Comment

The CWB is unknowingly the elevator systems worst nightmare that has been reality for 60 some years. They run the storage and transportation system penalizing anyone who might get in their incompetent way. They don't promote good business relations but rule with an iron fist, just ask anyone in the grain handling business.

The CWB says they do the best job but compared to what.

Comment

Haven't been able to confirm your information. A comment I hear is that ocean freight is very tight (hard to get boats) and expensive. Given it is Saudi business, there may be a number of boats who are hestitant to book into this part of the world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...