• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roundup Ready Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundup Ready Wheat

I think that rup wheat is a weed and if it is registered it will hurt our markets (the only thing good i can see in the CWB is it MIGHT get a premium for some product). My opinion on gmo wheat doesnt matter to monsanto but my TUA fee sure does. I am phoning them to tell them my thoughts and inform them that i wont be needing my tua next year as i will be growing an invigor hybrid with the liberty system (or smart, or conventional). My 600 acre tua fee will say more than bitching at any focus group and if others do the same hopefully M will listen. I think rup canola was and is a great product but we have lost the european market because of it and we cant alienate our wheat customers. We also have a huge variety of products and groups for weed control in cereals so I dont see a need for rup wheat. Any comments?

I note your comment about already having tools in place to look after weeds in cereals. I'll leave the GMO issue alone but I like the approach of farming systems to control weeds/other pests.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...