• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Forward II

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Forward II

$406 million!
    Borrowed money!
    For research, marketing, "investment in agr-business"!
    Now I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.....but aren't all of those things supposed to be the responsibility of private business?
    Should the Canadian taxpayer be picking up the costs of private businesses?

"International market development to help producers
    compete in the global marketplace"
    Sounds good until you look at the history and some
    figures. Canada's moves into global marketing have
    led to reduced, not increased, net farm incomes for
    Canadian producers. What's the definition of insanity
    again?
    I see another aim of GF2 is to develop smart phone
    apps for pest surveillance. Yup, that sounds like a
    good use of borrowed money that the taxpayer will
    have to pay back some day.

Comment

grassfarmer: The best "apps for pest surveillance" I've found is my scope on a Ruger .22 with a ten shot rotary magazine.

Maybe Ritzy baby can foot the bill for a summer's shooting blitz. If he can finance development of non-exploding sausage then perhaps he might spring for varmint control (the exploding kind).

Comment

Will this money be spent on junkets to Asia and more goofy research projects? Maybe they can invest some more money in Cargill?
        Personally if they have to piss away some money....maybe they could make the first installment on their BSE lawsuit? Or even give the seniors in long term care a bath or two?

Comment

I wonder how JBS likes their new million dollar
          hamburger grinder Alberta taxpayers bought?

Comment

If you are into Agri-business...check this out:

http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/program/3794/sgc-48/

They have MILLIONS AS GRANTS available.

Comment

Using tax money to generate economic activity is one of the advantages of a capitalistic society.

The challenge for bureaucrats and groups like ABP/CCA/Canada Beef is in picking the winners.

Thus the continued effort to choice a positive approach. Even when we feel that things are unfair.

Comment

Even I am planning to grow in forward. Hope this work out for me .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.